Career Counselling and Advising
The job landscape is changing rapidly with new technologies, priorities emerging in industries, and changes to our economy. There are many career opportunities available to College of Engineering and Physical Sciences (CEPS) students after graduation, and you may have questions about your options or feel overwhelmed. The CEPS Career Counsellor is uniquely qualified to provide support that will help you embark on your career journey. The support offered can help you make informed choices that can positively affect your career, including:
- Improved understanding of skills and strengths;
- Understanding of future education options; and
- Stronger job search strategies.
Career Advisors are ready to meet with current students and recent alumni on career services that include:
- Interview coaching and preparation;
- Résumé feedback;
- Career development;
- Further education planning;
- Job search support; and
- Other career-related questions.
When would I see a Career Advisor?
- You want to know more about the career options available to you.
- You are looking for support with your current or upcoming job search.
- You are navigating future education options.
- You have a disability and are looking for support related to strategies for workplace success.
- You are unsure of what you can do with your degree.
- You want help with your résumé or interview.
- You want to know the possibilities for your field after graduation.
Get in Touch
To book an appointment with your Career Advisor, login to your Experience Guelph account and, in the left hand menu, click on "Career" and then "Appointments". For the fall 2021 semester, all support will be provided remotely. You can also email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can see answers to our most frequently asked questions here.
If you are seeking help related to a co-op placement, please connect with your Co-op Coordinator or visit https://www.recruitguelph.ca/cecs/.