Career Counselling and Advising
The job landscape is changing rapidly with new technologies, priorities emerging in industries, and changes to our economy. There are many career opportunities available to College of Engineering and Physical Sciences (CEPS) students after graduation, and you may have questions about your options or feel overwhelmed. The CEPS Career Counsellor is uniquely qualified to provide support that will help you embark on your career journey. The support offered can help you make informed choices that can positively affect your career, including:
- Improved understanding of skills and strengths;
- Understanding of future education options; and
- Stronger job search strategies.
Career Advisors are ready to meet with current students and recent alumni on career services that include:
- Career planning;
- Career assessment;
- Resume review;
- Cover letter review;
- Further education;
- Interview preparation;
- Mock interview;
- Job search;
- LinkedIn review; and
- Other career-related questions.
When would I see a Career Advisor?
- You want to know more about the career options available to you.
- You are looking for support with your current or upcoming job search.
- You are navigating future education options.
- You have a disability and are looking for support related to strategies for workplace success.
- You are unsure of what you can do with your degree.
- You want help with your résumé or interview.
- You want to know the possibilities for your field after graduation.
You can learn more about Career Advisor support and Career Services at U of G here.
Meet Your Career Advisor
Amoy Marshall Green is the Career Advisor dedicated to working with students and alumni in CEPS. Amoy is an alumna of the University of Guelph with a MSc in Family Relations and Human Development. She is experienced in career development serving post-secondary students and internationally-trained professionals in many fields.
Prior to joining the University of Guelph, she supported internationally-trained professionals at Lutherwood Employment Services and students/alumni at Conestoga College. She also supported students as a program recruiter and mentor.
Amoy believes in helping to empower individuals to achieve their career goals.
Get in Touch
To book an appointment with your Career Advisor, login to your Experience Guelph account and, in the left hand menu, click on "Career" and then "Appointments" and then "Book By Provider". Scroll down until you see Amoy Marshall Green with a yellow Book button underneath. You can then indicate the type of appointment you would like to book and select a date/time that works for you.
You can also email your questions to Amoy directly firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can see answers to our most frequently asked questions here.
If you are seeking help related to a co-op placement, please connect with your Co-op Coordinator or visit https://www.recruitguelph.ca/cecs/.