Proposing a Co-Curricular Activity for PCDR Inclusion
This page provides information for co-curricular activity leader's interested in having associated positions formally recognized on the University of Guelph’s Professional and Career Development Record (PCDR).
- Sign up to participate in one of two co-curricular training cohorts:
- Summer cohort: now closed.
- Fall cohort training is Friday, September 22, 2023.
- There will not be a Winter cohort.
- Submit completed proposal forms to the EL Hub (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 30 or October 31, 2023.
- EL Hub reviews proposal for preliminary edits and recommendations.
- Co-curricular Experiential Learning Integrity Committee (CELIC) reviews proposal in July or November.
- Results communicated to activity leader with next steps in August or Decmeber.
The purpose of the proposal processes is to help your activity be the best it can be. Our fantastic Co-curricular Experiential Learning Integrity Committee, made up of 23 members from across campus, reviews each proposal to ensure they meet the standards laid out in the Co-curricular Experiential Learning Activity Inclusion Criteria.
As CELIC’s role is primarily developmental in nature, it will provide advisement to you on ways to strengthen your activities and make connections to networks and/or resources wherever possible. Further, CELIC can provide advisement on potential validators if your proposal has strong potential but is struggling to secure one.
CELIC also establishes the review period for activities. During a review, the activity would receive support from the EL Hub and other campus mentors in reflecting on the activity’s strengths and areas for development in the spirit of continuous improvement. The nature of this review process is to support the development of activities and their leadership, as well as the sustainability of activities and the often-vital services and programs they offer to students and the community.
We’re Here to Help
The Experiential Learning Development and Recognition Team in the EL Hub is here to help you along the way. Here’s a list of ways to get support with your proposal:
- Attend a workshop to help you develop, re-imagine, or validate your co-curricular activity. Recording is available.
- Visit our Resources for Experiential Learning Development and Operations page for tools and templates on delivering the very best co-curricular experiential learning.
- Contact us directly at email@example.com to set up a one-to-one consultation.