Project SOY Plus Recruiting Student Coordinators
Project SOY Plus (SOY = Sustainable Opportunities for You) is an annual contest that harnesses students' creative power to develop new products and marketing strategies for soybeans and other plant-based species. Targeted to a wide-range of disciplines and open to any student enrolled in diploma, undergraduate, and graduate levels the program is promoted by two Student Coordinators who work closely with the Research Innovation Office staff on planning and execution of the Project SOY Plus program.
If you are interested in supporting innovation at the University of Guelph, this may be a position for you!
As the Student Coordinator for the 2022 - 2023 competition, you will:
- Recruit participants from the Guelph campus and all regional campuses
- Guide the updates for promotional and informative media, using engaging and thoughtful language
- Facilitate the delivery of information to registered participants (i.e. student teams), staff, and faculty
- Support student teams in the completion of projects
- Support the RIO - Project Coordinator in the development and pilot of the Project SOY Plus: Call for Exhibitions & Artists Project
- Organize the finale event including identifying a virtual/in-person venue, scheduling presentations, and engaging judges
The role begins September 2022, with an average of 7.5 - 14 hours per week.
Note: Student Coordinators are ineligible to partipcate in Project SOY Plus as a competitor and must attend the finale event.
The deadline for applications is August 5th, 2022 by 4pm.
The Research Innovation Office is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact Nakita Byrne-Mamahit at email@example.com or 519-824-4120 ext. 56009.