Project SOY Plus 2023-2024 Recruiting a Student Coordinator
Project SOY Plus (SOY = Sustainable Opportunities for You) is an annual contest that harnesses students' creative power to develop new products and marketing strategies for soybeans and other plant-based species. Targeted to a wide range of disciplines and open to any student enrolled in diploma, undergraduate, and graduate levels the program is promoted by two Student Coordinators who work closely with Research Innovation Office staff on planning and execution of the Project SOY Plus program.
If you are interested in supporting innovation at the University of Guelph, this may be a position for you!
As the Student Coordinator for the 2023 - 2024 competition, you will:
- Recruit participants from the Guelph campus and all regional campuses
- Guide the updates for promotional and informative media, using engaging and thoughtful language
- Facilitate the delivery of information to registered participants (i.e. student teams), staff, and faculty
- Support student teams in the completion of projects
- Organize the finale event including identifying a virtual/in-person venue, scheduling presentations, and engaging judges
- Support the RIO staff in evaluation current programming and charting a sustainable path forward for Project SOY Plus
The role begins September 2023, with an average of 5.5-10 hours per week.
- Student Coordinators are ineligible to participate in Project SOY Plus as a competitor and must attend the finale event.
- The Project SOY Plus Student Coordinator position is a recognized co-curricular activity eligible for inclusion on student PCD records.
The deadline for applications is August 21, 2023 by 4pm.
The Research Innovation Office is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact the Research Innovation Office at email@example.com or (519) 824-4120, Ext. 58878.