Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Improving the status of species at risk and their habitats by supporting stewardship and recovery actions
- Supporting stewardship and multi-partner approaches to species at risk protection and recovery
- Supporting outreach, youth employment opportunities and the provision of related tools and techniques to inspire and enable people to become involved in species at risk stewardship
- Addressing important needs and knowledge gaps related to the protection, recovery and management of species at risk and their habitats in Ontario by supporting scientific research
Although all project proposals that target species listed on the Species at Risk in Ontario List are eligible for consideration, targeted priorities have been established for the 2020-2021 funding year. Please review the 2020-21 priorities in detail. Applications that fail to address any of the 2020-2021 priorities will be considered for funding after applications that address priorities. For 2020-2021, where possible and feasible, we are encouraging applicants, to submit broad, strategic, consolidated multi-partner project proposals.
For more information on this recommendation please contact email@example.com or 705-755-5649.
Successful applicants must be individuals or legal entities from the following list:
- Academic institutions
- Conservation Authorities
- Consulting companies
- Indigenous communities/organizations
- Industry organizations
- Landowners and farmers
- Municipal and local governments
- Non-government organizations
For eligible activities and costs, please refer to the program guidelines - eligibility.
For 2020-2021, the SARSP is accepting multi-year applications (spanning 1-3 fiscal years) that support stewardship initiatives and contribute to the protection and recovery of species at risk in Ontario. All project activities must begin no earlier than April 1, 2020 and finish no later then March 1 for each fiscal year of the project.
All applicants must refer to the Legal Authorizations section of the Guidelines before applying.
Please refer to the Office of Research COVID 19 web-page for directives related to research activities at the University of Guelph.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Please submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email within two business days of submitting your application. If you do not receive this email, please contact 705-755-5649.
How to Apply
For more information on the program and how to apply, please refer to the program guidelines.