Accelerate - Industrial PostDoc
For More Information
The Mitacs Accelerate Industrial Postdoc provides one, two or three years of funding – valued at $55,000 per year - for a postdoctoral fellow in any discipline. This special initiative offers better leveraging than standard Mitacs Accelerate internships.
Postdoctoral fellows partner with a company or not-for-profit organization and build a longer-term research collaboration.
|Total research funding||$55,000|
|Minimum postdoc stipend/salary||$50,000|
|Maximum funds for research costs||$5,000
Mitacs Accelerate allows students to work closely with a partner organization and faculty supervisor, using the latest tools and techniques available to them in both academic and industrial settings. Projects are a cost-shared model with Mitacs, through the support of federal and provincial government, matching the industry partners or non-for-profit (NFP) organizations contributions.
- Full-time grad students at all Canadian universities
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international students
- All academic disciplines
- Businesses and not-for-profit organizations
- Students must spend 50% of the internship with the academic institution and 50% with the partner organization
Maximum Project Value
Up to $55,000/year for research with a company or not-for-profit.
One, two or three years.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicant submits full application, including fully signed memorandum, directly to Mitacs representative.
How to Apply
All Mitacs Accelerate program and eligibility rules apply.
1. Review the following information when you begin writing your proposal:
2. Get feedback on the proposal from all participants and your Mitacs business development representative
3. Collect all required signatures: intern(s), professor(s), partner contact, and university Office of Research Services (proposal, OR-5 and signed Memorandum must be submitted to Office of Research Services one week prior to deadline date).
4. Email your proposal package to your Mitacs representative once all signatures are obtained.