University of Guelph - Office of Research and Colleges
- Support the realization of creative works that directly emerge from and speak to the current pandemic, and that can be planned and mounted before Fall 2020. This can include creative works in any medium in the visual, literary, performing or multimodal arts. At the end of the funding, if possible and appropriate, a record of the creative work should be made available for display by the University of Guelph
- Provide seed funding for platforms or other lasting initiatives that respond to the pandemic by (re)building connections between artists and performers, their audiences (and other communities), and/or between creators and scientists, social scientists or humanists.
Completed applications will be reviewed by an adjudication committee (members TBD) chaired by the Associate Vice-President (Research Services). Applications that are not submitted by the deadline and/or are incomplete will be not be reviewed.
The following evaluation criteria will be used:
- Quality of project:
- Extent to which the application responds to the program objectives;
- Appropriateness of the proposed approach and timeliness; and
- Appropriateness of the budget and justification for amount requested.
- Quality of Applicants:
- Track record of team members in fields related of proposed creative activity;
- Ability of the project team to carry out the proposed creative activity; and
- Ability of team to quickly mobilize necessary resources.
- Impact of the Creative Activity: potential to contribute to the artistic response to COVID-19, support and strengthen the creative community impacted by COVID-19, and/or elevate University of Guelph’s reputation as a centre for the arts.
Considerations will be given to gender and equity inclusion in the creative team and/or the creative activity.
At the end of the project, a short report is required by November 23, 2020 describing outcomes and how the funds were spent.
- Must be a U of G faculty member eligible to hold research funding .
- The Office of Research will provide up to a maximum of $5,000 in seed funding for eligible projects that are approved by the College(s) to proceed under the University of Guelph Guidance note for research continuity, scale back, and shut down.
- Internal matching funds from college(s) and/or departments are required.
- External sources of funding are eligible sources of additional project funds, however, internal funding matching funds from the college(s) and/or department are required.
- Approvals are subject to the availability of Office of Research funds.
- Funding must be used by October 31, 2020.
- Stipends or honoraria for artists, students, and other creators or technicians
- Creative tools and licenses
- Knowledge translation and mobilization (performance, publication, exhibition) activities
Due to the time-limited nature of this funding program, infrastructure and significant equipment purchases are generally not considered eligible expenses unless well justified, nor is teaching release.
Please refer to the Office of Research COVID 19 web-page for directives related to research activities at the University of Guelph.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
Send all documents to email@example.com by 9:00am on Monday, June 22, 2020.
You must include:
|UG CITC Program Guidelines.docx||26.2 KB|