Proposing a New Work Study Job
Important Notices for F20/W21
Proposal deadline for Fall 2020/Winter 2021
Proposals for new Work Study positions are being accepted until 11:59 pm on September 11, 2020. Supervisors will be notified about their proposals between September 15-25, 2020.
- Log into the Employer & Community Partner section of Experience Guelph. If you don't have one, please register for an Experience Geulph Employer account.
- Use your full e-mail address to log in and the password you set up with your account. The system does not currently use single sign-on for staff and faculty.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the forgot password link to reset it.
- Select “On Campus Employment” from the menu on the left.
- Select “Post a Job” at the top of the main window.
- Select a previously posted job to use as a template or choose "Post a New Job"
- Complete the job posting information. To ensure your posting is approved without undue delay, please pay close attention to the following job posting fields.
If you are an administrator posting on behalf of someone else, you can edit this information to reflect the actual supervisor. However, the job posting will still be attached to your Experience Guelph account.
- Select any semesters you are willing to hire a student for employment.
- For example, if "Fall (up to 4 months)" and "Fall/Winter (up to 8 months)" are both selected, you would be open to hiring a student for up to a 4 month appointment in the Fall OR up to an 8 month appointment over the Fall and Winter within the term posted.
- The Work Study Participant Agreement was updated in 2019/20. As part of the posting process you will need to acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms in the agreement.
- These fields do not currently allow for a range. If you wish to include a range, you can provide it in the Job Description.
- If you do not wish to post a salary, please select “Salary Not Available”.
Reimbursements will only occur for days worked between the first day of classes and the last day of exams for the semester the student is hired for. The only exception is where a student qualifies for both Fall and Winter - in this case the first day of classes in the Fall and last day of exams in the Winter is used.
Dates for 2020 - 2021 are as follows:
- Summer: May 7 - August 14, 2020
- Fall only: September 10 - December 18, 2020
- Winter only: January 11 - April 27, 2021
- Fall/Winter: September 10, 2020 - April 27, 2021
Please ensure your job description clearly describes what a student will be doing in the role. We strongly recommend also including information about preferred or required qualifications, and scheduling details.
Please include at least two (2) to a maximum of five (5) specific employability competencies you believe a student will be able to demonstrate as result of holding this position. There should be a clear relationship between these learning opportunities and the job description.
Please see our Articulating Anticipated Student Learning in Student Employment page for help.
Choose from one of three options on how to receive your applications.
- Receive one e-mail after the deadline with all applications attached. The applications will be sent as a single PDF after the deadline has passed to the e-mail address listed in the “Company Info” section at the beginning of the posting.
- E-mail each application as they come in. With this option you can specify one or more e-mail addresses to receive applications as they are submitted. This is a great option if more than one person would like to receive applications.
- None. No e-mails will be sent. It is up to you to log in and view applications.
- Supervisors will be notified about their proposals between September 15-25, 2020. Application deadlines can be re-adjusted if the proposal is successful.
- There is no specific application deadline set by the Work Study program. We strongly suggest using a generous deadline. You are welcome to interview candidates and close a posting before the deadline.
- Postings close automatically when the deadline passes. You may close your posting at any time once you have filled all vacancies by clicking “Expire” on the posting.
Choose what you would like students to include as part of their application. All students must submit a copy of their resume and their Financial Need Confirmation.
Do not edit this field. The Experiential Learning Hub will add text about the Work Study application process.
- Click “Submit Posting for Approval”.
Proposal approval process
Once submitted your job posting will have a “Pending” status until it is reviewed and approved by the Experiential Learning Hub. Supervisors will be notified about their proposals between September 15-25, 2020.
To avoid delays please ensure your job posting contains clear and accurate information that follows the guidelines provided above.