Future You will Lead Innovation.
Lang’s MSc in Management will transform you into an evidence-based, innovative leader.
Enhance your leadership abilities and learn how to harness evidence-based management to make critical decisions for your organization. Lang's Master of Science in Management (MSc) program provides an enriching, professionally relevant, and flexible academic experience by including you as part of a collaborative learning environment.
Specialize your degree and gain critical skills needed to make complex decisions and explore how organizations can commercialize innovations in the tech sector and beyond. Expand your career options further by gaining knowledge in critical areas of organizational development, workplace wellbeing, and project management.
Lang’s MSc in Management offers a specialized fields in Innovation, Commercialization and Entrepreneurship as well as Management Research.
- 16 - 24 months
- Program length
- Top 6%
- of the world's business schools - AACSB Accredited
- in the world for sustainability focus **
- Every September
- Program start date
Specialize Your Master's Degree
Explore topics in areas of leadership development, micro- and macro-organizational behaviour, and project management before preparing and defending your thesis. Ideal for students interested in pursuing doctoral studies or a leadership career in management consulting, advising, and strategy within the private, public and voluntary sectors.
Duration: 2 years (6 semesters)
Innovation, Commercialization and Entrepreneurship
Transform ideas and drive innovation, either in your own business or within an organization. This course-based field is ideal for those who wish to explore real-world issues and gain necessary innovation and commercialization skills. You have the added advantage by working on real-world projects to enhance your innovation and entrepreneurship skills outside the classroom.
Duration: 16 months (recognized as a two-year program)
MSc Management program at a glance:
- Program length: 16-24 months depending on field
- Program start date: Every September
- Program delivery: On-campus
- Application deadline: occurs in January
Management Research: You will combine core courses in leadership development and evidence-based management research with field-specific electives selected to match your interests while developing and enhancing the quantitative or qualitative skills necessary for designing your research. Our elective options include courses in project management, workplace wellbeing, business consulting, and micro- and macro-organizational behaviour. Under the guidance of our expert faculty advisors, you will refine your critical analysis skills as you delve into a research topic, carry out data collection and analysis, and defend a high-calibre Master's thesis.”
Innovation, Commercialization and Entrepreneurship: You will engage in leadership development while immersing yourself in the innovation and start-up space through partnerships with community organizations. Alongside courses in innovation, commercialization and entrepreneurship, you will explore business consulting and project management practices over the 4 semester (16 month) duration of the program.”
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission:
- Undergraduate degree (4-year honours degree or equivalent) with a minimum B (73-75)% average;
- Please use this guide to compare your academic credentials and determine the grade equivalency needed.
- 2 references, with an option for a third reference. Our preference is for academic references, but professional ones may be substituted if appropriate;
- Proof of English proficiency for applicants whose first language is not English. Please note that test scores must be valid for the start date of the program.
- Applicants who completed a post-secondary degree from Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand may request that this requirement be waived. This request will be reviewed by the graduate selection committee, who may ask for an interview and/or supplementary documentation in their consideration.
For students considering the Management Research (MR) field:
- The GMAT or GRE test is required to enter this thesis-based field. The preferred scores are 600 (GMAT) and 60th percentile (GRE).
- COVID-19 consideration: We recognize that in-person testing may not be accessible due to COVID-19 protections. Both the GMAT and GRE tests are available in an online at-home format, which will be accepted on par with the in-person version. We encourage applicants to choose the format best suited to them.
- Applications to the MR field without GMAT or GRE scores will be considered incomplete and may not be reviewed for admission.
Application deadlines for Fall admission:
- January 15 -- submission of the online application form
- February 1 -- submission of all required supporting documents
Graduates of this program pursue careers in a number of unique areas in management and leadership, including;
- Research careers in management consulting and/or strategy.
- Business Development Manager
- Business Analyst
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
- Continuing on to PhD studies
Students enrolled in the MR field receive partial funding in support of their studies through Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) positions. Students enrolled in the ICE field are not guaranteed funding, however all students are eligible to apply for graduate teaching assistantship positions.
Are you an international student considering applying to Lang's MSc Management program? The digital international student viewbook provides you with an overview of our programs, admission requirements, and supports available for international students at the University of Guelph and Lang.
Please refer to this guide to determine if you meet the equivalent of a four-year Honours degree with an average of 73% or higher.
Meet our students
Students in the MSc Management program are part of a community of leading scholars that are committed to creating a sustainable future.
In 2019, Lang graduate students hosted Beyond Business as Usual, an event that enhanced cross-discipline research partnerships and collaboration.
Learn more about the activities of Lang graduate students are involved in.