Graduate Diploma (GDip) in Accounting
Lang's Graduate Diploma in Accounting is a four-month program that will give you advanced standing in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP). The CPA designation is Canada’s pre-eminent accounting and business credential. In order to obtain the CPA, you must complete the prerequisite education requirements, the CPA PEP, the Common Final Examination (CFE) and 30 months of qualifying practical experience. Through this diploma, you will cover the core modules and elective modules in Assurance and Taxation of the CPA PEP, which will allow you to proceed to the CPA Capstone Modules 1 and 2. Upon successful completion of these modules, you will be eligible to write the CFE.
Lang's accounting program is fully accredited by CPA Ontario.
This diploma is ideal for students who:
- want to fast track obtaining their CPA designation;
- have completed an undergraduate degree;
- want to further stand out in the competitive job market.
The Graduate Diploma in Accounting is an intensive program offered only in the summer term (May to August). Classes run for the full day, Monday to Friday, for the duration of the term.
- A 4-year honours undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with a 70% or higher overall average in the last two years of study;
- Completion of the required CPA Preparatory Courses at a post-secondary institution with an overall average of 75% or higher in the core courses prior to beginning the program.
- International applicants who have completed their accounting education outside of Canada should use this guide to compare their academic credentials and determine the grade equivalency needed. They will also need to demonstrate that they have completed the required CPA Preparatory Courses by submitting a CPA assessment. Instructions for transcript assessment can be found on the CPA website.
Proof of English proficiency is required for applicants whose first language is not English. Please note that test scores must be valid for the start of the program.
Applicants who completed a post-secondary degree from Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand may request that this requirement be waived. This request will be reviewed by the graduate selection committee, who may ask for an interview and/or supplementary documentation in their consideration.
Application deadline: February 1st
For more information on the graduate diploma program, please email email@example.com.
For more information about the CPA designation or the CPA PEP, please visit the CPA Ontario website.