The Lang MBA
Canada’s #1 MBA for inspiring responsible business leaders.
Future You is inspired by a cohort of leaders.
The Lang MBA will enhance your business acumen while inspiring you to become a responsible and ethical leader. The program is designed to fit around your full-time work schedule, while still providing a fulfilling and challenging academic experience. You master key business functions including operations, communications and finance, helping you build a solid base of knowledge and expertise, while gaining critical skills needed in today’s rapidly changing business world.
Gain advanced business and leadership skills with a strong focus on sustainability and responsible management. Specialize your MBA further with courses offered in the areas of sustainable commerce; sustainable food; or sustainable service.
- 24 month program
- Online and on-campus
- Top 6%
- of the world's business schools - AACSB Accredited
- in the world for sustainability focus
- graduate approval rating*
Online with on-campus experiences, the Lang MBA is ideal for professionals working in a wide range of industries and career levels.
Focus your MBA on one of three fields and gain the skills, leadership abilities and edge your career needs.
Lang faculty conduct research with real impact that guide business decision-makers, inform public policy and inspire students.
Kick-off your program on campus and attend Lang's annual Leadership Conference, where you will connect with your classmates and be inspired by industry change-makers.
Lang MBA program at a glance:
- Specialized fields: Sustainable Commerce, Hospitality and Tourism, Food and Agribusiness
- Program length: 24 months (online and on-campus)
- Program start date: Every May (on-campus)
- Four-year undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- At least a B- average in your last two years of full-time study
- Three years (minimum) of work experience in a related field
If you do not meet the above requirements, you may still be admitted to the program if you possess the following;
- Three-year degree/diploma from a recognized university/college, and
- At least a B- average in your last two years of study, and/or an acceptable professional designation, and
- Five years (minimum) of work experience in a related field showing progressive levels of responsibility.
A GMAT is not required.
Application deadlines for Summer 2025 admission:
- November 1, 2024 -- submission of the online application form
- November 15, 2024 -- submission of all required supporting documents
The University of Guelph gives advanced standing for students who have completed graduate-level courses. A maximum of two courses will be considered for advanced standing credit. For more information, please see the University of Guelph's Graduate Studies website.
Are there spaces still available for an earlier intake? Contact email@example.com to inquire about our waitlist.
While the MBA program is full-time, students are not required to maintain full-time residency in Canada in order to complete their degree. The MBA program does not meet Canadian Immigration and Citizenship’s eligibility criteria for international students to obtain a study permit, as the majority of the courses are delivered online. International students should apply for a visitor’s visa to attend the on-campus components of the Lang MBA.
Please visit the International Credential Evaluations guide to further assess your academic background in relation to admission requirements.
The cost of the Lang MBA program is $40,607.37* and covers everything you need to successfully complete the program, including:
- Tuition and supporting course materials
- Meals/beverages and accommodation during your on-campus experiences
Selected recipients (2) will receive $20,000 which is awarded over three semesters beginning in the summer.
Eligibility Criteria: Students entering the MBA program in the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics Executive Programs with demonstrated leadership and academic and professional excellence.
The Awards Committee will evaluate candidates based upon the following criteria:
- Demonstration of excellence in management, administration or leadership
- Students with the highest admission averages based upon their undergraduate university education completed at an accredited institution; and/or
- Additional evidence of academic or professional excellence such as exceptional scores on standardized tests, awards won for professional/academic performance, and evidence of leadership outside of their career (i.e. volunteer work, community service work, etc.).
- Students are automatically considered for this award with their admissions application.
Canadian Resident Loans
Canadian residents should also consider provincial student loans and the Canada Student Loan program. Applications are available through your home province.
International students should research the NAFSA web page. Some students have been successful in obtaining loans through these organizations, specifically if they have a United States resident who is willing to co-sign with them.
Ontario Student Loan Program information is available at the OSAP website.
Why should you secure pre-approval?
Tuition loan pre-approval will ultimately save you time. While credit approval does not guarantee acceptance into the University of Guelph's MBA program, your financial application submitted at the same time as your University of Guelph's MBA application will give you a head start, and ultimately peace of mind.
Your Lang MBA program will kick off on campus during one of three on-campus learning experiences. During these on-campus periods, you’ll participate in Lang’s annual Leadership Conference where you will establish connections with your cohort and gain inspiration from keynote speakers and expert Lang faculty.
You’ll sleep, eat and study on-campus, giving you a true University of Guelph campus experience.