Welcome to U of G painted in different languages

International Co-op Students

The following is meant to help guide current or incoming international co-op students through the process to be eligible to work in Canada, not to advise on such matters.

Co-op Work Permit

Immigration Canada states that international students must have a valid co-op work permit in order to complete co-op work terms even if your study permit grants you access to work in Canada. Without this document, we cannot confirm with a potential employer that you are legally able to complete your required co-op work hours. There is no fee required to secure a Co-op Work Permit.

For additional support regarding the application to and maintaining your co-op work permit, refer to the International Student Advising services.

Once you receive your co-op work permit, a copy will need to be shared with Co-operative Education. Please contact coopadmin@uoguelph.ca for further instructions.



Learn how to apply to co-op as an international student

Co-op Admission