The term "college" has a long-standing connotation at Guelph and is used within the university to designate a group of departments that operate within a structure that is often called a "faculty" at other universities.
The wealth of knowledge and creativity found in the College of Arts serves our society by exploring the depth and breadth of human experience, in both the past and the present, in order to help our world chart a course for the future.
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy
- School of English and Theatre Studies
- School of Fine Art and Music
- School of Languages and Literatures
The only one of its kind in Canada and among a handful worldwide. The three departments teach approximately 15,000 undergraduate enrolments and advise over 240 graduate students each year.
- Department of Integrative Biology
- Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences
The Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics builds on Guelph's values and core mission, as well as emphasizing its strengths in management and leadership.
- Department of Management
- Department of Economics and Finance
- Department of Marketing and Consumer Studies
- School of Hospitality, Food and Tourism Management
- Executive Programs
Students in the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences develop advanced skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis - skills that can be applied to a wide variety of challenging careers.
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Computer Science
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
- School of Engineering
Composed of 8 departments, with programs that interact with departments in other colleges, centers of research and other related groups.
- Department of Family Relations and Applied Nutrition
- Department of Geography, Environment and Geomatics
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Collaborative International Development Studies
The Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) is one of the top colleges of its type in the world, offering a broad array of academic choices for students with a wide variety of interests at two campuses in Guelph and Ridgetown, ON.
- Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Department of Animal Biosciences
- School of Environmental Sciences
- Department of Food Science
- Department of Plant Agriculture
- School of Environmental Design and Rural Development
- Regional Campuses
The Ontario Veterinary College (OVC) is dedicated to the advancement of veterinary and comparative medicine through teaching, research and service. As the oldest veterinary college in Canada and the United States, OVC has been educating veterinarians since 1862.