B.Sc.(Agr.) Program Counsellor

Melinda Vanryn
519-824-4120 x 54549
Johnston Hall, Room 133A

Open Door Hours

Monday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.

Melinda is available to meet with students during drop in hours (first come, first seen) or students can book an appointment. 

Appointments can be booked by calling 519-824-4120, ext. 54800 or by stoppng by our office in Johnston Hall, Room 133A during open door hours. 


Drop in hours are:
Mondays 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Thursdays 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Fridays 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
(unless otherwise noted on the News page)

Drop in hours are not held during the Summer Semester.

B.Sc.(Agr.) Faculty Advisors

Animal Science

Dr. Ira Mandell
519-824-4120 x 53337
Animal Science and Nutrition Building, Room 154
Office hours by appointment.

Crop, Horticulture and Turfgrass Science

Dr. François Tardif
519-824-4120 x53395
Crop Science Building, Room 320
Office hours by appointment.

Honours Agriculture

Dr. Vern Osborne
519-824-4120 x 53691
Animal Science and Nutrition Building, Room 235
Office hours by appointment.

Minor in Agriculture

Melinda Vanryn
519-824-4120 x 54549
Johnston Hall, Room 133A

Who do I contact?

Program Counsellors have in-depth knowledge regarding program requirements as well as University of Guelph regulations, policies and procedures. Program Counsellors can assist you in the development of your educational plans by asking appropriate questions and identifying alternatives. Program Counsellors can help you explore outcomes by providing useful information about who to talk to and how to get in touch with them.

Faculty Advisors provide information as well as career opportunities with regards to your major or specialization. They provide assistance to students with selecting courses required for their major and can provide assistance in schedule planning for completing course requirements.

Admission Inquiries

Contact your Program Counsellor or Faculty Advisor to discuss questions about the program and its content. Admission questions can be directed to the University of Guelph's Admission Services: