Dr. Hwan-Suk Chris Choi was raised in Seoul , Korea where he also received his B.A. at Chung-Ang University. In 1991, he moved to the US and received his MTA degree (Master of Tourism Administration) at the George Washington University. Dr. Choi joined the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management in 2003. Before joining the program, Dr. Choi held an industrial position at the Pacific Amusement, Inc. while pursuing his Ph.D. at Texas A&M University.
Chris has published more than 250 articles and technical reports in various outlets, including Annals of Tourism Research, Tourism Management, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, Journal of Travel Research, Journal of Destination Management and Marketing, Tourism Economics, Journal of Business Research, International Journal of Hospitality Management, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, Service Industries Journal, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Journal of Vacation Marketing, and International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Administration and was awarded over thirty grants for a total of $3.8 million.
Current Positions Held
- August 2003 – present, Graduate Faculty, University of Guelph
- April 2012 – present, Editorial Board Member, Anatolia
- December 2013 - present, Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management
- January 2015 - present, Editorial Board Member, Tourism Analysis
- March 2015 - present, Editorial Board Member, Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research
- May 2015 - present, Editorial Board Member, European Journal of Tourism Research
- January 2020 - present, Editorial Board Member, Journal of Global Scholars in Marketing Science
- May 2010 – present, Advisory Board Member, The Korea America Hospitality and Tourism Educator Association
- July 2021 - Dec 2021, International Associate Editor, Journal of Tourism Sciences