Food Science (MSc)
The objective of this program is to provide graduates with general scientific knowledge as well as a more in-depth understanding of particular aspects of food science. This objective is accomplished through course work and departmental research seminars. Extensive laboratory and technical training is obtained by performing experiments under the supervision of a professor and advisory committee.
This program is offered through the Department of Food Science. More details on this program are available through the department's website.
- Winter semester (January): Accepted until November 1st
- Summer semester (May): Accepted until March 1st
- Fall semester (September): Accepted until July 1st
Get a glimpse of a typical day for these grad students in the Department of Food Science. More grad student profiles can be found here.
Meet the Profs
Say hello to the professors of the Department of Food Science in these 60 second snapshot videos. More faculty videos can be found here.
Find Out More
Here's a compiled list of helpful links about graduate school at the University of Guelph:
- MSc - Food Science Program Brochure
- Faculty Profiles & Research Interests
- Admission Requirements
- Applying to Guelph
- Scholarships & Funding
- FAQs about Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
Food Science Academic Secretary