Did you know that November is Financial Literacy Month in Canada?
On Thursday, November 24, Student Financial Services is hosting our annual Financial Literacy Fair in the University Centre Courtyard from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Try out our popular Tuition Tornado to win great prizes, including U of G swag, gift cards AND a grand prize of $500 towards your Winter 2023 semester tuition and fees. There will also be free cotton candy and popcorn! Thank you to our sponsors for these prizes: Student Experience, the Library, Brass Taps, the U of G Football team and the U of G Men's Basketball team.
We will have representatives from both on-campus groups and external organizations, including:
- Canada Revenue Agency;
- Computing & Communications Services;
- Student Wellness;
- Central Student Association (CSA); and
- University of Guelph's Student Financial Services.
Take this opportunity to learn more about managing your finances and ask questions about:
- University of Guelph student billing, student account management, and refunds;
- scholarships, bursaries, Work Study and the Undergraduate Research Assistantship program;
- personal well-being;
- government student aid programs, including out-of-province and U.S. programs;
- repayment of government student loans and repayment assistance;
- choosing the right credit card and understanding your rights and responsibilities;
- managing debt and understanding credit reports and ratings;
- budgeting skills;
- filing your personal tax returns and tax advice; and
- protecting yourself from fraud.
Tweet of the Day
Check out the Student Financial Services Twitter account everyday during Financial Literacy Month for financial tips and resources! Learn about budgeting, awards, student loans, credit cards and more. Make sure to follow us on Twitter so that you never miss any updates! #FLM2022