Did you know that November is Financial Literacy Month in Canada?
On Wednesday, November 29, Student Financial Services is hosting our annual Financial Literacy Fair in the University Centre Courtyard from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Try out our popular Tuition Tornado to win great prizes, including U of G swag, gift cards, Frosty Mug tickets AND a grand prize of $500 towards your Winter 2024 semester tuition and fees. There will also be free cotton candy and popcorn! Thank you to our sponsors for these prizes: Athletics, Hospitality Services, Student Experience, Brass Taps, McLaughlin Library, Computing & Communications Services, the U of G Football team and the U of G Men's Basketball team.
We will have representatives from both on-campus groups and external organizations, including:
- Canada Revenue Agency;
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada;
- Computing & Communications Services;
- Student Wellness;
- Sustainability Office;
- Central Student Association (CSA); and
- University of Guelph's Student Financial Services.
Take this opportunity to learn more about managing your finances and ask questions about:
- University of Guelph student billing, student account management, and refunds;
- scholarships, bursaries, Work Study and the Undergraduate Research Assistantship program;
- personal well-being;
- government student aid programs, including out-of-province and U.S. programs;
- repayment of government student loans and repayment assistance;
- choosing the right credit card and understanding your rights and responsibilities;
- managing debt and understanding credit reports and ratings;
- budgeting skills;
- filing your personal tax returns and tax advice; and
- protecting yourself from fraud.
Financial Tip of the Day
Check out the Lincoln Alexander Student Service Centre Instagram account everyday during Financial Literacy Month for financial tips and resources! Learn about budgeting, awards, student loans, credit cards and more. Make sure to follow us on Instagram so that you never miss any updates! #FLM2023