Did you know that November is Financial Literacy Month in Canada?
Although we can't celebrate with you in person at our annual Financial Literacy Fair, join us virtually in these THREE ways!
Lots of prizes to be won! Students who tune into one of our webinars or complete the Financial Literacy Quiz will be entered in a draw to win great prizes, including U of G swag, gift cards and a grand prize of $500 towards your Winter 2021 semester tuition and fees. You can receive multiple ballots for the draw – one for each webinar you attend and one for completing the quiz. Please note that only diploma, undergraduate and graduate students on the Guelph campus are eligible for these prizes. Students in Open Learning English Language Programs are ineligible.
On Wednesday, November 18 and Tuesday, November 24, Student Financial Services is hosting webinars via Microsoft Teams!
About the Webinars:
- Cooking on a Budget with a U of G Chef | November 18 and November 24 at 11 a.m.
- Financial Literacy | November 18 and November 24 at 2 p.m.
During the webinars, take this opportunity to learn more about managing your finances and ask questions about:
- University of Guelph student billing, student account management, and refunds;
- scholarships, bursaries, Work Study and the Undergraduate Research Assistantship program;
- personal well-being;
- government student aid programs, including out-of-province and U.S. programs;
- repayment of government student loans and repayment assistance;
- choosing the right credit card and understanding your rights and responsibilities;
- managing debt and understanding credit reports and ratings;
- budgeting skills; and
- protecting yourself from fraud.
Please note that the contents of each webinar will be the same on the 18th and 24th. If you tune into the same webinar twice, you will be learning the same information. Student Financial Services staff will be available at all webinars to answer your questions.
Test your financial knowledge by completing a short quiz (just eight questions!) and be entered for a chance to win great prizes.
The quiz is open until November 30.