Did you know that November is Financial Literacy Month in Canada?
On Thursday, November 21, Student Financial Services is hosting our fifth annual Financial Literacy Fair in the UC Courtyard from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Try out our popular Tuition Tornado to win great prizes, including U of G swag, gift cards AND a grand prize of $500 towards your Winter 2020 semester tuition and fees. There will also be free cotton candy and popcorn! A big thank you to all of our sponsors for these prizes and snacks.
We will have representatives from both on-campus groups and external organizations, including:
- Canada Revenue Agency;
- Credit Canada Debt Solutions, Inc.;
- Credit Counselling Society;
- Student Wellness /1 in 5 Committee;
- Central Student Association (CSA); and
- University of Guelph's Student Financial Services.
Take this opportunity to learn more about managing your finances and ask questions about:
- University of Guelph student billing, student account management, and refunds;
- scholarships, bursaries, Work Study and the Undergraduate Research Assistantship program;
- personal well-being;
- government student aid programs, including out-of-province and U.S. programs;
- repayment of government student loans and repayment assistance;
- choosing the right credit card and understanding your rights and responsibilities;
- managing debt and understanding credit reports and ratings;
- budgeting skills;
- filing your personal tax returns and tax advice; and
- protecting yourself from fraud.