The Dr. Franco J. Vaccarino President's Scholarship is the University of Guelph's most prestigious undergraduate entrance award for international students. It was established in honour of the University’s eighth president, Dr. Franco Vaccarino, to acknowledge his remarkable impact on the University.
One scholarship is awarded each year to the top international student. It is valued at $42,000 and includes a research assistantship position and mentorship by one of the University's leading professors.
Students with an outstanding academic record, who have made significant contributions to their schools and their communities, who have demonstrated innovative and unique approaches to implementing change and/or bringing about improvements to life, and who demonstrate the greatest potential to be future leaders are invited to apply.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are an International (VISA) student;
- Are entering the first semester of any degree program at the University of Guelph;
- Have not previously attended a post-secondary institution;
- Have at least an admission average equivalent to a 90.0% Canadian curriculum; and
- Have made significant leadership contributions to your school and community.
Student Application Deadline: January 25, 2021 4:00:00 p.m. (EST)
Reference Letters Deadline: February 1, 2021 4:00:00 p.m. (EST)