Students who wish to apply for a URA must first complete a URA Financial Need Assessment Form. Please refer to the Schedule of Dates for the dates that the form will be available from Student Financial Services. Student Financial Services will assess each student’s financial need and send them a confirmation email notifying them of their eligibility to participate in the URA program.
Once approved, apply through the On Campus Employment section of Experience Guelph by:
- Logging into the Student section of the Experience Guelph website.
- Selecting “On Campus Jobs and Opportunities” from the left-hand menu.
- Selecting “Summer Research Assistantships” from Quick Search menu in the main window.
- Choosing to sort the list by title, division, or type (URA or USRA).
- Clicking the title of a position to view details.
- Clicking “Apply” at the top of the posting and submitting all required application documents.
- Note: You will not see the apply button until 24 hours after you have received your URA confirmation e-mail from Student Financial Services. It is advised to apply for approval as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Application packages for URA positions must include:
- A cover letter addressed to the project supervisor and a resume or CV that indicates:
- Your full name, telephone number, e-mail address, and student ID.
- A brief description of your background including any previous training, awards and scholarships received, and your interest in the particular project.
- An unofficial transcript.
- A copy of your URA approval e-mail from Student Financial Services.
- Any additional documents you feel may be relevant to your application (e.g. immunization or health and safety certificates). Note that the system will only allow four files to be uploaded (cover letter, resume, URA approval e-mail, and unofficial transcript). To include an additional document, attach it in the same file as your resume.