BADM*3160 (Business Program)
Other Course Description or Assignment Information:
- This course focuses on long-term corporate decisions. Topics include asset pricing, risk and return, capital asset pricing under uncertainty, the concept of efficient markets, an introduction to investing, and portfolio management. The course covers corporate decisions, including dividend policies, capital budgeting, and long-term financing and investing. Business valuation by firms and individuals is covered in the context of the investment decision.
- To view course outlines from previous offerings of this course (if available), please visit: https://www.guelphhumber.ca/academic-services/course-outlines
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The University of Guelph has vaccination and masking policies that may be altered with limited notice depending on COVID-19 circumstances and advice from government, public health authorities, and prevailing science. Currently, the vaccination and masking policy is paused but may resume with little advance notice to address the health risks. Should this occur, vaccinations will be required. You can choose to submit proof of vaccination before your start date (https://uoguel.ph/vaccination-status). The U of G’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy can be found here (https://www.uoguelph.ca/hr/staff-faculty-hr-policies-support-staff/713-covid-19-vaccination-policy). More COVID-related information can be found here, https://www.uoguelph.ca/covid19/covid-info-for-faculty-and-staff. Everyone is encouraged to continue to complete the self-screening in the Humber College’s Guardian App before coming to the University of Guelph-Humber (Humber College campus) each time. More information on coming to campus at the University of Guelph-Humber’s can be found at: https://www.guelphhumber.ca/coming-to-campus.
- IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING FALL 2023 WORK ASSIGNMENTS AND COURSE DELIVERY (FOR SECTIONS LISTED AS IN-CLASS): Should conditions change and requirements are placed on the University and its employees by public health bodies, local, provincial, and federal governments, courses posted as “In-Class” may have to switch to an alternative delivery format (see https://opened.uoguelph.ca/academic-continuity). By applying to this work assignment, you are agreeing to fulfill the duties in the mode of delivery posted and switch as required. The University’s COVID-19 website (https://www.guelphhumber.ca/covid-info) provides important information about campus protocols and guidelines for those working on campus.
- Classes held on University of Guelph-Humber campus (Toronto).
Projected Class Enrolment: