SCMA*3010 (Business Program)
Research Methods in Business
Other Course Description or Assignment Information:
- This course examines contemporary research methods employed in business. Emphasis is placed on understanding the process of business research and how it relates to theory development, problem investigation, and management questions. Qualitative and quantitative techniques and applications are discussed. Other topics include ethics and politics of research, the nature of causation, conceptualization, measurement, development of hypotheses, data description, statistical analysis, sampling techniques, and preparation of case studies. Research examples and case studies are key aspects of the lectures and seminars.
- To view course outlines from previous offerings of this course (if available), please visit: https://www.guelphhumber.ca/academic-services/course-outlines
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The University of Guelph has vaccination and masking policies that may be altered with limited notice depending on COVID-19 circumstances and advice from government, public health authorities, and prevailing science. Currently, the vaccination and masking policy is paused but may resume with little advance notice to address the health risks. Should this occur, vaccinations will be required. You can choose to submit proof of vaccination before your start date (https://uoguel.ph/vaccination-status). The U of G’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy can be found here (https://www.uoguelph.ca/hr/staff-faculty-hr-policies-support-staff/713-covid-19-vaccination-policy). More COVID-related information can be found here, https://www.uoguelph.ca/covid19/covid-info-for-faculty-and-staff. Everyone is encouraged to continue to complete the self-screening in the Humber College’s Guardian App before coming to the University of Guelph-Humber (Humber College campus) each time. More information on coming to campus at the University of Guelph-Humber’s can be found at: https://www.guelphhumber.ca/coming-to-campus.
- IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING FALL 2023 WORK ASSIGNMENTS AND COURSE DELIVERY (FOR SECTIONS LISTED AS IN-CLASS): Should conditions change and requirements are placed on the University and its employees by public health bodies, local, provincial, and federal governments, courses posted as “In-Class” may have to switch to an alternative delivery format (see https://opened.uoguelph.ca/academic-continuity). By applying to this work assignment, you are agreeing to fulfill the duties in the mode of delivery posted and switch as required. The University’s COVID-19 website (https://www.guelphhumber.ca/covid-info) provides important information about campus protocols and guidelines for those working on campus.
- Classes held on University of Guelph-Humber campus (Toronto).
Projected Class Enrolment: