Student Volunteer Connections
Student Volunteer Connections (SVC) is your on-campus volunteer hub. We can help connect you with volunteer opportunities in the community and beyond that fit your interests, academic and career aspirations, and availability. Our services are available to both undergraduate and graduate students, online and in person by appointment.
Do you have a volunteer opportunity to share with University of Guelph Students? Please complete our webform to submit your opportunity to Student Volunteer Connections.
Project Serve helps connect you to the community through short-term volunteering opportunities, including half-day volunteer events. Project Serve allows you to volunteer with a community organization and challenges you to connect your experience in a tangible way to what you are learning as scholars and as citizens. To find out about the upcoming Project Serve events and other volunteer opportunities sign up for our weekly newsletter, or email email@example.com.
Our next Project Serve Day will be on Saturday, September 17th. For more information, check out our Project Serve GryphLife page.
- Follow the steps below to self-register on Courselink for Student Volunteer Connections to search for on- and off-campus volunteer opportunities, as well as to receive updates on our events, volunteer trips and more!
- Login to the University of Guelph CourseLink page
- Click the "Self Registration" tab in the top menu
- Find Student Volunteer Connections under course offerings and click the link
- Click "Register" and fill in your details
- The Student Volunteer Connections page can now be accessed under "Resources" on your homepage
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Gryphlife (join Student Volunteer Connections) to find out about experiential learning opportunities on campus and in our community!
- Meet with a Peer Helper or staff member to chat about your interests, skillset, and availability.
Our Student Volunteer Connections team is available to meet with you one-on-one and support you in finding a new volunteer opportunity or discussing your current volunteer role. To receive support in finding volunteer opportunities in your community this semester from an SVC Staff member, you can book an appointment with SVC, or drop in to Raithby House.
If you would like to meet with an SVC Peer Helper, you can drop-in to our office inside Raithby House, no appointment needed.
In-person Hours: Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Raithby House
Online Hours: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Gryphlife: Student Volunteer Connections