New Vendor of Record for Laboratory Equipment and Supplies
Purchasing Services is pleased to announce that a new Vendor of Record (VOR) has been established to supply a broad range of laboratory equipment, supplies and chemicals to campus. The new VOR is a result of an open collaborative procurement process led by University of Toronto on behalf of various Ontario universities including University of Guelph.
This VOR will see the University entering long-term supply agreements with several pre-approved suppliers under an SMC arrangement, including Beckman Coutler, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Fisher Scientific, Life Technologies, New England Biolabs, Qiagen, Sigma-Aldrich, and VWR International.
Once all agreements are finalized, this VOR will replace all current SMC contracts for scientific instruments and supplies, chemicals and bio-bars.
What You’ll Get
- Wide variety of laboratory equipment and supplies products including chemicals
- Preferred pricing
- Orders under $25,000 can be authorized in writing by providing an appropriate 26 digit GL coding at time of ordering
- Direct monthly billing to corporate accounts with invoices charged directly to the user’s department coding
For detailed contract information such as pricing and how to order, please visit Laboratory Equipment and Supplies websiteunder Financial Services \ Purchasing \ Our Suppliers.
Contract Transition / Implementation
- Due to the number of agreements currently being negotiated, we are implementing this VOR gradually.
- As of this announcement, only Fisher Scientific and Mandel Scientific have finalized their agreements with the University. As a result, only their pricing and ordering information is currently available from the above website.
- The suppliers with whom we are currently in contract negotiations are listed as “coming soon”. Orders placed with these suppliers should follow current purchasing procedures until the new VOR agreement is in place.
- All new agreements and the related information will be made available through future announcements or website updates as soon as they are finalized.
SMC Contract Termination with Roche Diagnostics
- Roche Diagnostics will no longer be our SMC supplier under the new VOR.
- Effective November 1, 2020, orders with GL Coding will no longer be accepted by Roche.
- Please follow the University’s regular purchasing procedures for Roche orders beyond October 30, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding this VOR, please contact:
Procurement Contracting Officer, Purchasing Services