Insurance Office

Certificates of Insurance

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Gryphon Statue at the University of Guelph

A Certificate of Insurance is a document proving that a certain type of insurance coverage exists.  These are frequently asked for in contracts, usually from both parties.

If you are required to produce a Certificate of Insurance for proof of coverage for University business, please contact Treasury Services via email 

Complete the following form:

Please have the documentation that indicates the insurance requirements. This will take 3 - 5 business days to produce the certificate.

Insurance Forms

Insurance Forms

Person filling out a form

In this section you will find a variety of forms, guidelines & checklists.  These are categorized by type for your convenience.

Please select from the menu on the left accordingly to ensure you have downloaded the most recent version. 



Male driving a car, gripping the steering wheel with both hands

Driving University of Guelph Owned or Rented Vehicles or other Forms of Transportation 

Employees, students and volunteers must comply with the University of Guelph policies and procedures when driving or using University-owned, leased or rented vehicles while conducting University business.  

If you have further questions after reviewing this website, please do not hesitate to contact us

Marine Cargo

Marine cargo ship on large body of water

Shipping merchandise by marine, air or inland:

From time to time it may be required that merchandise, equipment and goods are shipped to various sites to assist in our operations, teaching, training and research. Below is an overview of the types of cargo that can be shipped through marine, air and inland methods as well as their valuations, rates and deductibles should damage occur.