What Is Covered
Theft of monies and securities by employees or others. All losses must be reported to the Insurance Office and the insurers within 60 days from discovery, in order to be insured.
$5,000 - $10,000 per incident which will be charged to the department.
Who is Covered
All University departments including employee benefit plans.
What Is Not Covered
- Time Component for Reporting of Losses: Losses not reported to the Insurance Office (and the Insurers) within 60 days of discovery are excluded. Please ensure that the Insurance Office is informed immediately if this type of loss is suspected.
- Fraudulent, Dishonest or Criminal Acts by any Insured.
- Student or employee groups or clubs having funds in bank accounts outside of the University, or these groups having funds physically held in areas on campus. These funds are not considered University funds.
- Loss resulting directly or indirectly from trading.
- Losses due to war, civil war, insurrection, rebellion or revolution, etc.
- Accounting or arithmatical errors & omissions.
- Coin operated machines.
- Losses while funds are in custody of any armoured motor vehicle company.
- Expenses incurred in establishing the existence or the amount of the loss.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short summary of the Crime insurance program. It does not include all of the conditions and exclusions that apply on this policy. If you have any questions about the insurance, please contact us