Masters in Leadership
Empower your own style of leadership.
Future You is an authentic leader.
Lang’s Masters in Leadership program is a life and career-changing experience that enhances your leadership competencies, transforming you into the leader your career needs. We empower and enhance your already strong leadership abilities to propel you to become a better version of yourself.
An intense and exhilarating 18 months that transforms your leadership capabilities and career. The program is offered online with on-campus learning experiences, allowing you to maintain personal and professional commitments while completing your degree.
Online with on-campus experiences, the Lang Masters in Leadership is ideal for working professionals that want to empower their own leadership style.
A network of leaders
Lang Masters in Leadership students work in a diverse range of industries, career levels and professions, ready to share their leadership experiences with you.
Lang faculty inspire leaders and changemakers to be authentic and collaborative when making critical decisions for their organization.
Kick-off your program on campus and attend the annual Lang Grad Conference, where you will connect with your classmates and be inspired by industry change-makers.
Masters in Leadership Cohort Information
- Avg. 12+ years
- of relevant work experience
- 95% of students
- say the program helped improve their strategic decision-making
- 45 students
- average class size
Lang Masters in Leadership program at a glance:
- Program Length: 18 months (online)
- Program Start Date: Every May (on-campus for the Lang Grad Conference)
- Foster competencies to hone your leadership identity to accelerate your career
- Four-year undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- At least a B- average in your last two years of full-time study
- Three years (minimum) of work experience in a related field
If you do not meet the above requirements, you may still be admitted to the program if you possess the following;
- Three-year degree/diploma from a recognized university/college, and
- At least a B- average in your last two years of study, and/or an acceptable professional designation, and
- Five years (minimum) of work experience in a related field showing progressive levels of responsibility.
A GMAT is not required.
Application deadlines for Summer 2025 admission:
- November 1, 2024 -- submission of the online application form
- November 15, 2024 -- submission of all required supporting documents
While the program is full-time, students are not required to maintain full-time residency in Canada in order to complete their degree. We understand that both programs do not meet Canadian Immigration and Citizenship’s eligibility criteria for international students to obtain a study permit, as the majority of the courses are delivered online. International students should apply for a visitor’s VISA to attend each of the residential periods.
Please visit the International Credential Evaluations guide to further assess your academic background in relation to admission requirements.
The cost of the Lang MA program is $29,838.00* and covers everything you need to successfully complete the program, including:
- Tuition and supporting course materials
- Meals/beverages and accommodation during your on-campus learning experiences
*Tuition and fees are billed by Student Financial Services with a program fee model (tuition is billed and paid via a set schedule as opposed to being billed by course). Program fees are billed over each semester, and include compulsory and program fees, tuition and in-course learning resources (not including required textbook costs).
An application fee of $150 CAD is payable to the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC) directly when submitting your application. This application fee cannot be waived.
Selected recipients (2) will receive $20,000 which is awarded over three semesters beginning in the summer.
Eligibility Criteria: Students entering the MA program in the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics Executive Programs with demonstrated leadership and academic and professional excellence.
The Awards Committee will evaluate candidates based upon the following criteria:
- Demonstration of excellence in management, administration or leadership
- Students with the highest admission averages based upon their undergraduate university education completed at an accredited institution; and/or
- Additional evidence of academic or professional excellence such as exceptional scores on standardized tests, awards won for professional/academic performance, and evidence of leadership outside of their career (i.e. volunteer work, community service work, etc.).
- Students are automatically considered for this award with their admissions application.
Canadian Resident Loans
Canadian residents should also consider provincial student loans and the Canada Student Loan program. Applications are available through your home province.
International students should research the NAFSA web page. Some students have been successful in obtaining loans through these organizations, specifically if they have a United States resident who is willing to cosign with them.
Ontario Student Loan Program information is available at the OSAP website.
Why should you secure pre-approval?
Tuition loan pre-approval will ultimately save you time. While credit approval does not guarantee acceptance into the University of Guelph's MBA program, your financial application submitted at the same time as your University of Guelph's MBA application will give you a head start, and ultimately peace of mind.
Your Lang MA program will kick off with an on-campus experience where you’ll participate in the annual Lang Grad Conference to establish connections with your cohort and gain inspiration from keynote speakers and expert Lang faculty.
You’ll sleep, eat and study on-campus, giving you a true University of Guelph campus experience.