The environment is a complex and intricate system influenced by a range of natural and human interferences. The diplomas, undergraduate and graduate degrees offered by OAC provide students with a range of skills to protect our environment by combining in-class learning with hands-on training in labs and field trips. Our programs nurture a critical mind to confront the environmental issues that we face to ensure a healthy, sustainable environment for tomorrow. Students can specialize in the science, management, economics and technical skills relevant to today’s environment. An asterisks (*) indicates a collaborative interdepartmental programs within the University of Guelph.
Associate Diploma Programs
- Ecology - Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences - B.Sc.(Env.)
- Environment and Resource Management - Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences - B.Sc.(Env.)
- Environmental Biology - Bachelor of Science - B.Sc.
- Environmental Economics and Policy - Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences - B.Sc.(Env.)
- Environmental Management - Bachelor of Bio-Resource Management - BBRM
- Environmental Sciences - Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences - B.Sc.(Env.)
- Indigenous Environmental Science and Practice - Bachelor of Indigenous Environmental Science and Practice - BIESP ***New Program***
- Environmental Sciences - MES or M.Sc.
- Environmental Sciences - PhD
- Food, Agricultural & Resource Economics - M.Sc.
- Food, Agricultural & Resource Economics - PhD
- International Development Studies - M.Sc. or MA*
- International Development Studies - PhD*
- Landscape Architecture - MLA
- Rural Planning & Development - M.Sc. or MPLAN
- Rural Studies - PhD
- Toxicology - M.Sc.*
- Toxicology - PhD*
Continuing Education and Certificates
- Environmental Conservation
- Environmental Citizenship
- Urban Sustainable Agriculture
- Urban Sustainable Horticulture
What Students are Saying
"The best part about my program is the diversity of approaches applied. Both theory and practical know-how are taught, which is important in the environmental science sector to solve the issues that exist." -Jeremy, environmental and resource management student
Reasons to Choose U of G
Pursue your passions by joining one of U of G's clubs, like the Outdoors Club, which organizes outdoor wilderness trips year-round.
Learn beyond the classroom.
Experiential learning opportunities are at the core of U of G and OAC. You'll take what you’ve learned in class and apply it to real life experiences!
Access funding support.
OAC offers a range of scholarships, bursaries, awards and travel grants. In 2020, 687 student awards were given out totaling over $1.5 million!