Scientists and CEOs create as many food trends as chefs.
Chef isn’t the only career for food-lovers. We offers a suite of food-focused degrees that match any interest: science, business, trade, product development, food security and production. Pursue your specific interests, and access career options all over the world.
- Associate Diploma in Horticulture (Ridgetown Campus)
- Crop Science - Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Food, Agriculture and Resource Economics - Bachelor of Arts
- Food and Agricultural Business - Bachelor of Commerce
- Food Industry Management - Bachelor of Bio-Resource Managment
- Food Science - Bachelor of Science
- Horticulture - Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Food, Agricultural & Resource Economics - M.Sc.
- Food, Agricultural & Resource Economics - PhD
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance - GDip
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance - M.Sc.
- Food Science - M.Sc.
- Food Science - PhD
- Plant Agriculture - M.Sc.
- Plant Agriculture - PhD
- Toxicology - M.Sc.*
- Toxicology - PhD*
*Collaborative interdepartmental programs within the University of Guelph.
What Students are Saying
"Guelph is well-known for their food science program, so my decision wasn’t that hard to make. But I also wanted a break from the loud, busy city life (I’ve lived in Toronto my whole life), so Guelph seemed like a good institution where I could study and create a new life at." - Victoria Huynh, food science student
Reasons to Choose U of G
Join a dynamic industry.
Careers in the food industry are in demand. Our graduates become leaders in the sector and are well-equipped for flexible career options.
Create unique food products.
Students develop and market their own food products, while working with industry partners in the Food Product Development course.
Access funding support.
OAC offers a range of scholarships, bursaries, awards and travel grants. In 2020, 687 student awards were given out totaling over $1.5 million!