Graduate Programs at OAC
Improve Life and your career.
The Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) has the largest and most diverse graduate studies program options within the University of Guelph. With approximately 700 current graduate students across several disciplines within our six academic units, you will be joining a large community network of graduate students seeking to Improve Life through food, agriculture, community and the environment.
- #1 in Canada
- for agricultural science and #2 for plant, animal science
- of graduates work in private sector
- of graduates work in government, public or not-for-profit
Course-based masters programs
Gain career-focused skills and expertise to enhance your career. Complete your degree through coursework, major research project or applied learning opportunities. These 1-2 year programs are ideal for those wishing to expand their career options in the private or public sectors.
Take the next step in your academic journey and gain necessary qualitative and quantitative research skills. Ideal for this wishing to pursue a career in research or academia.
- Animal Biosciences (MSc & PhD)
- Capacity Development and Extension (MSc)
- Environmental Sciences (MSc & PhD)
- Food, Agricultural & Resource Economics (MSc & PhD)
- Food Science (MSc & PhD)
- International Development Studies (MSc or MA)* | International Development Studies (PhD)*
- Landscape Architecture (MLA)
- Neuroscience (MSc)* | Neuroscience (PhD) *
- Plant Agriculture (MSc & PhD)
- Rural Planning & Development (MSc)
- Rural Studies (PhD)
- Toxicology (MSc)* | Toxicology (PhD)*
*Indicates a collaborative specialization - an intra-university graduate field of study that provides an additional multidisciplinary experience for students.
Improve Life at Canada's Food University.
Take your education global and complete your masters or PhD at Canada's top university for agricultural science and food. The U of Guelph's Ontario Agricultural College in Canada are global leaders in food, agriculture and its connected sectors with a mission of developing leaders that Improve Life in their communities and across the globe. More than 550 graduate students from 83 different countries call the U of Guelph home.
Learn more about resources and supports for international graduate students at U of G:
The University of Guelph offers a robust and generous scholarship program for students enrolled in graduate programs, including those from Canada and across the world.