What is the Work Study Program?
Work Study is an on-campus part-time job program to assist students with demonstrated financial need meet their educational costs by working part-time during their registered term.
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate students registered in an academic term who maintain a minimum registration of 1.5 credits (1.0 credits for permanently disabled students) for the term applied.
- Undergraduate students must have a complete and error-free full-time OSAP (or applicable provincial/territory student assistance program) application on file at the time of application.
- Graduate students registered in full-time studies.
- Students must have a valid social insurance number.
Other restrictions may apply.
Where and How do you apply?
- Students must be approved by Student Financial Services as having demonstrated financial need. Submit a Financial Need Assessment Form (NAF) and, once you have your approval email, you are eligible to submit a job application to the hiring department through Experience Guelph.
- Financial Need Assessment Forms and Work Study job postings are usually available and posted two weeks before the start of each semester. Deadline dates to submit the Financial Need Assessment Form are as follows: the third Monday in January for a fall/winter position and the third Friday in June for a summer position. NAFs submitted after these dates will not be processed.
- The NAF can be printed from the 'Forms/Documents' page or can be picked up from the Student Financial Services office. Completed applications can be dropped in the red drop boxes just inside the gates on the 3rd Floor, University Centre. We will also accept scanned copies by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 519-823-9421.
What happens after I submit my NAF?
Within 5 - 10 working days you will be notified by email of your eligibility to participate in the Work Study Program. Due to the volume of applications, expect delays for the first two weeks of the fall semester. Once you receive the approved email from the Student Awards office, you can review the list of available jobs and apply through Experience Guelph. Please note: You will not able to apply for positions until you receive Work Study approval.
Work Study positions are not guaranteed and are competitive. As part of your application, you will be required to upload a cover letter, resume and a PDF or JPG image of the email approval you received from Student Awards.