Become a Peer Helper
Becoming a Peer Helper will give you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team committed to providing important programs and services to the university community. You will be joining the over 250 undergraduate and graduate students from a broad range of academic programs that are involved as Peer Helpers across the campus each semester.
Benefits to you
- Placements designed to help you develop employment skills
- Mentorship & goal-setting with professional staff
- Skill development through experience and reflection
- Deeper connection to the campus community
- Meeting other students with similar interests
- Official transcript notation (o.oo credit - Pass/Fail)
- Small honorarium
Applications for Winter 2020
Applications for Winter 2020 are now open! Download the Information Package to find out more about each team and verify that you meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
Log into Experience Guelph and click on the links below to view applications. Please see the Information Package for more information on accessing Peer Helper postings directly through Experience Guelph.
Teams Accepting Placements for Winter 2020
- Aboriginal Programming
- Career Services - Experiential Learning Hub
- College of Biological Science - Career Readiness
- Centre for International Programs
- Community Engagement & Social Change
- Feeding 9 Billion
- International Student Ambassadors
- Orientation Volunteer Liaisons
- Peer Training & Networking Team
- Student Accessibility Services
- Student Experience Engagement Team
- Sustainability Ambassadors
- Undergraduate Academic Information Centre
- Wellness Education Centre
- Writing Services
Application Deadline: Monday, October 14th, 2019 at 11:59 PM
If you'd like to receive email updates and reminders about Peer Helper recruitment, please email email@example.com to get added to our recruitment listserv.
Any questions about the application process or the Peer Helper Program in general can be directed to Jessica Ruprecht, Peer Helper Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).