Become a Peer Helper
Becoming a Peer Helper will give you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team committed to providing important programs and services to the university community. You will be joining the over 250 undergraduate and graduate students from a broad range of academic programs that are involved as Peer Helpers across the campus each semester.
Benefits to you
- Placement designed to help you develop employment skills
- Mentorship & goal-setting with professional staff
- Skill development through experience and reflection
- Deeper connection to the campus community
- Meeting other students with similar interests
- Official transcript notation (0.00 credit - Pass/Fail)
- Small honourarium
Applications for Fall 2022
Applications for some Peer Helper teams for Fall 2022 have been extended on a rolling basis! This means that applications will be reviewed as they are received. We recommend applying early to ensure that you don’t miss an opportunity if the posting closes. Download the Information Package to find out more about each team and verify that you meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
Log into Experience Guelph and click on the links below to view applications. Please see the Information Package for more information on accessing Peer Helper postings directly through Experience Guelph.
Teams Recruiting for Fall 2022 on a Rolling Basis
- Engineering, Deadline: May 29th at midnight
- Intramural & Outreach, Deadline: May 1st at midnight
- Peer Training & Networking, Deadline: May 1st at midnight
- Multi-Faith Team, Deadline: May 1st at midnight
- Student Volunteer Connections, Deadline: May 1st at midnight
- Commuter Engagement, Deadline: May 1st at midnight
- Rental Living Resource, Deadline: May 1st at midnight
- Cultural Diversity Engagement Team, Deadline: May 1st at midnight
If you would like to receive email updates and reminders about Peer Helper recruitment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get added to our recruitment listserv.