- Placement designed to help you develop employment skills
- Mentorship & goal-setting with professional staff
- Skill development through experience and reflection
- Deeper connection to the campus community
- Meeting other students with similar interests
- Official transcript notation (0.00 credit - Pass/Fail)
- Small honourarium
Become a Peer Helper
Become a Peer Helper
Becoming a Peer Helper will give you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team committed to providing important programs and services to the university community. You will be joining the over 250 undergraduate and graduate students from a broad range of academic programs that are involved as Peer Helpers across the campus each semester.
Applications for Fall 2021
Applications for Fall 2021 are now open on a rolling basis! We are recruiting over 100 Peer Helpers across 19 different teams. Download the Information Package to find out more about each team and verify that you meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
You are encouraged to submit an application as early as possible, as postings may close early once roles are filled. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until Sunday, July 25th at midnight.
Log into Experience Guelph and click on the links below to view applications. Please see the Information Package for more information on accessing Peer Helper postings directly through Experience Guelph.
Teams Hiring for Fall 2021
- Business Career Development Centre
- Career Services
- Centre for International Programs
- Commuter Engagement
- Cultural Diversity
- Engineering - closing July 18th
- English Language Programs
- John F. Wood Centre for Business and Student Enterprise
- Indigenous Programming
- International Recruitment and Admissions
- International Student Ambassadors
- Local Engagement
- Multi-Faith Ambassadors
- Orientation Volunteer Liaisons
- Rental Living Resource
- Student Experience Engagement
- Wellness - Education Centre
Note: These roles will be fulfilled remotely (off-campus) until the University resumes its regular operations.
If you would like to receive email updates and reminders about Peer Helper recruitment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get added to our recruitment listserv.
Any questions about the application process or the Peer Helper Program in general can be directed to Jessica Ruprecht, Peer Helper Program Coordinator (email@example.com).
Peer Innovation Project
Opportunity for Existing Peer Helpers
The Peer Innovation Project is a student led, Peer Helper Program supported opportunity for individual Peer Helpers or Peer Helper Teams who are interested in running any initiatives that they would like to undertake but need some planning or budget related support. These events could be run for other members of the Peer Helper Program or the general student body. Projects that are approved will receive support throughout the planning process and funding for it as well.
To submit a proposal for the Peer Innovation Project, please fill out a form or visit the Peer Helper Program GryphLife page. The form must be submitted at least 2 weeks before your proposed event date, and the final deadline is November 10th. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.