The Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) was built on the ideals of thinking big and investing in areas that matter to Canadians. Since its creation in 1997, the CFI has ensured Canadian researchers have the tools — the cutting-edge labs, facilities and equipment — they need to push the frontiers of knowledge in all disciplines, and to contribute to the full spectrum of research — from discovery to technology development. This has allowed our brightest minds to contribute to better health outcomes, a cleaner, greener environment, evidence-based policy-making and the competitiveness of Canadian businesses.
Supporting a strong, innovative economy that can provide jobs, opportunities and prosperity for all Ontarians.
What we do
- support job creation, innovation and economic growth for all Ontarians
- deliver a range of programs, services and tools to help businesses innovate and compete in today’s fast-changing global economy
- help make investing in Ontario more attractive for businesses, while protecting the public interest
- work with research partners in universities, colleges and hospitals, entrepreneurs and business leaders
- foster scientific discovery and commercialization of new technologies and products that can be marketed to the world
NSERC aims to make Canada a country of discoverers and innovators for the benefit of all Canadians. The agency supports university students in their advanced studies, promotes and supports discovery research, and fosters innovation by encouraging Canadian companies to participate and invest in postsecondary research projects. NSERC researchers are on the vanguard of science, building on Canada's long tradition of scientific excellence.
The Research Support Fund assists Canadian postsecondary institutions with the costs associated with managing their research enterprise, helping them to maintain a world-class research environment. Grants can be used to:
- maintain modern labs and equipment;
- provide access to up-to-date knowledge resources;
- provide research management and administrative support;
- meet regulatory and ethical standards; or
- transfer knowledge from academia to the private, public and not-for-profit sectors,
…helping to make Canada a world leader in research and development.
Bruker enables scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker’s high-performance scientific instruments and high-value analytical and diagnostic solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, and in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications. In recent years, Bruker has also become a provider of high-performance systems for cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical phenomics and proteomics research, clinical microbiology, and for molecular pathology research.
The University of Guelph is like no other university in Canada. Research-intensive and learner-centred, our campuses span urban hubs and rural communities. We are known for excellence in the arts and sciences, and for our commitment to developing exceptional thinkers and engaged citizens.
Known for its beautiful, safe campuses and welcoming, supportive culture, U of G blends historical and modern architecture with cutting-edge technology.
Over 24,000 students learn at the University of Guelph every year. More than 800 faculty teach here every year. More than 1,800 research projects to improve life in a variety of capacities are currently underway.
That has been our focus for over 150 years: life, living, always improving.