We are pleased to offer our NMR services to industrial, governmental, and academic users across North America. We currently support a wide range of industries, including chemical synthesis, pharma, manufacturing, environmental analysis, medical research, and more.
With six spectrometers and over thirty probes we can collect almost any NMR experiment. Our technical capabilities include:
- Routine 'small molecule' solution NMR: Proton, Carbon, COSY, HSQC, HMBC, etc.
- High quality 19F spectra, using a dedicated probe capable of simultaneous 1H decoupling
- Variable temperature NMR spectra, with sample temperatures ranging from -20 C to 120 C.
- Solid-state CP/MAS of chemicals, materials, and biomolecules
- HR-MAS for semi-solid samples
- Virtually any NMR experiment on any nuclide - please contact us if there is an experiment you are interested in!
With two PhD-trained NMR spectroscopists on staff, we offer the following services:
- Guidance in NMR experimental design
- Data acquisition and processing
- Analysis and interpretation, including structural elucidation (on a "best-efforts" basis)
- Basic sample preparation*, including packing/unpacking of solids rotors.
- An on-campus ‘locker’ for drop-off, pick-up, and safe storage of your samples
- Return shipment of your samples by courier for clients outside the Guelph area.
For routine NMR of small molecules, our turnaround time is usually 1 business day, depending on our sample load. We also offer RUSH service for the most time-sensitive samples. Our service includes the raw NMR spectral data for processing on your computers, and we can also provide PDF spectral images for quick viewing of spectra.
Please contact the NMR Centre Manager with any inquiries:
*Samples must be submitted in powder form, as a neat liquid, or already dissolved in an appropriate volume of NMR solvent. We suggest 2 mg/mL for 1H NMR and 20 mg/mL for 13C NMR. If sample limitations are a concern, our high-sensitivity cryoprobes can collect 1H NMR spectra on 0.1 mg/mL samples in a reasonable amount of time. We cannot purify or separate samples: our sample preparation is limited to addition of deuterated solvent and transferring the sample to an NMR tube or sample rotor. We use only Wilmad “Precision” NMR tubes and can supply them at cost if needed.