Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA)
Welcome to the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture degree program! We are excited to welcome you to the University of Guelph.
Picking your courses for Semester 1 (Fall 2022):
As a BLA student in Semester 1 you will select five courses. The courses you should select for Semester 1 are listed here:
- LARC*1100 Introduction to Design and Communication Studio
- LARC*1950 History of Cultural Form
- BIOL*1500 Humans in the Natural World
- One of the following:
- ANTH*1150 Introduction to Anthropology
- PHIL*1010 Introductory Philosophy: Social and Political Issues
- PSYC*1000 Introduction to Psychology
- SOC*1100 Sociology
- One elective. This is a course of your choice, if you have the prerequisite and it is not a restricted course. If you need help deciding on an elective, please contact your Program Counsellor (contact information below).
Should you find that all sections of a required course are full, please check the OAC Program Counselling website for announcements and if there is no additional information posted, contact your Program Counsellor (contact information below).
- It is strongly recommended that you select your courses as soon as possible as popular course sections fill up quickly.
- Priority access is given to students who require ANTH*1150, PHIL*1010, PSYC*1000 and SOC*1100, so you may need to wait for these courses to open to more programs. If the course you want is restricted, select an elective instead and check back later in the summer to see if you can change courses. This requirement does not need to be completed in Semester 1; you can complete this in a future semester.
- You will use WebAdvisor to pick your courses. Detailed instructions on using WebAdvisor are available in the WebAdvisor Tutorial.
- Review the Schedule of Studies for the BLA degree program. Here you will find your degree laid out by semester, with listings of courses that are available for selection throughout your studies.
Please refer to the OAC Program Counselling website for important announcements.
For additional information and counselling please contact:Melinda Vanryn
BLA Program Counsellor