Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA)
Welcome to the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture degree program! We are excited to welcome you to the University of Guelph.
Picking your courses for Semester 1 (Fall 2019):
As a BLA student in Semester 1 you will select five courses. The courses you should select for Semester 1 are listed here:
- LARC*1100 Introduction to Design and Communications Studio
- LARC*1950 History of Cultural Form
- BIOL*1500 Humans in the Natural World
- One of the following:
- ANTH*1150 Introduction to Anthropology
- PHIL*1010 Introductory Philosophy: Social and Political Issues
- PSYC*1000 Introduction to Psychology
- SOC*1100 Sociology
- One elective. This is a course of your choice, if you have the prerequisite and it is not a restricted course. If you need help deciding on an elective, please contact your Program Counsellor (contact information below).
Should you find that all sections of a required course are full, please check the program website for announcements and if there is no additional information posted, contact your Program Counsellor (contact information below).
- It is strongly recommended that you select your courses as soon as possible as popular course sections fill up quickly.
- You will use WebAdvisor to pick your courses. Detailed instructions on using WebAdvisor are available in the WebAdvisor Tutorial.
- As you make your class schedule, you will notice that many courses have several lecture/lab/seminar sections. Pick the ones that best fit in your schedule to ensure there are no conflicts in your timetable.
- Review the Schedule of Studies for the BLA degree program. Here you will find your degree laid out by semester, with listings of courses that are available for selection throughout your studies.
Course Selection Tips:
- Download the Class Schedule Worksheet to assist in creating your schedule.
- Select courses that are more limiting (e.g., courses which have one lecture time) first and build your schedule around those times.
- Select your elective last as course scheduling may limit your options.
- Distance Education (called DE) courses are an alternative way to take courses without meeting for regularly scheduled classes. All course content is presented online. You will find DE course times listed in WebAdvisor as TBA. Only select courses are offered in distance education format.
Please refer to the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture program website for important announcements.
For additional information and counselling please contact:Melinda Vanryn
BLA Program Counsellor
Johnston Hall, Room 133A
(519) 824-4120 Ext. 54549