Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (B.Sc.[Agr.])
Welcome to the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture program! We are excited to welcome you to the University of Guelph!
Picking your courses for Semester 1 (Fall 2020):
As a B.Sc.(Agr.) student in Semester 1 you will select four courses (2.50 credits). The courses you should select are listed here:
- AGR*1110 Introduction to the Agrifood Systems. It is worth 1.00 credits.
- BIOL*1050 Biology of Plants & Animals in Managed Ecosystems (listed as “Biology of Managed Ecosystems” on WebAdvisor). If you do not have high school biology, please consult your Program Counsellor (contact information below).
- MATH*1080 Elements of Calculus I
- CHEM*1060 Introductory Chemistry for students who do not have grade 12 or 4U chemistry.
CHEM*1040 General Chemistry I for students who do have grade 12 or 4U chemistry.
Should you find that all sections of a required course are full, please check the B.Sc.(Agr.) program website for announcements and if there is no additional information posted, contact your Program Counsellor (contact information below).
- Pick your courses as soon as possible. Availability of desired sections may fill up quickly.
- You will use WebAdvisor to pick your courses. Detailed instructions on using WebAdvisor are available in the WebAdvisor Tutorial.
- B.Sc.(Agr.) students will not select an elective course in this semester. Your four courses will make up a full-time schedule because AGR*1110 is worth a double credit.
- You take a common first year as an undeclared student. In your third semester, you will declare one of our three majors.
- Review the Schedule of Studies (the order in which you are advised to take courses). Go to the B.Sc.(Agr.) degree program section of the Undergraduate Calendar and click on your potential major (you will choose from three majors). Here you will find each major laid out by semester, with listings of courses that are available for selection throughout your studies.
- Download the Class Schedule Worksheet to assist in creating your schedule.
Please refer to the B.Sc.(Agr.) program website for important announcements.
For additional information and counselling please contact:Melinda Vanryn
B.Sc.(Agr.) Program Counsellor
Johnston Hall, Room 133A
(519) 824-4120, ext. 54549