Consultation and collaboration are critical parts of the U of G IT Strategy. Regular consultation with a diverse set of stakeholders across campus will ensure that we craft a strategic plan that meets and exceeds the needs of the entire community at the University of Guelph and University of Guelph-Humber. We have identified six key pillars on which the strategy will focus:
The pillar leads for each area are as follows. If you want to have your voice heard, contact the appropriate pillar lead! You can also contact ITstrategy@uoguelph.ca and we can help put you in touch with the appropriate people.
|Data + Analytics||Karen Menard|
|Teaching + Learning||
We will be holding extensive stakeholder engagement across these six pillars over the next year, culminating in the final strategic report in May 2020.
January 20-30, 2020: Student Workshops
December 4-10, 2019: Second round of workshops
October 29, 2019: Student security survey run during the 2019 Cyber Security Awareness Roadshow.
September 19 + 25, 2019: Engagement kick-off meetings with pillar leads and pillar working groups.
May 14-16, 2019: Launch workshops for all six categories
- Faculty Workshops
- What are your pain points related to teaching, research, administration, or other? Do you have ideas to make things better? We need to hear from you! We are holding two faculty-specific workshops to gain essential input from faculty about current challenges and opportunities to improve the user experience in the areas of teaching, learning, and research.
- RSVP for the faculty workshops below (only need to attend one) via our faculty signup form:
- Wednesday, February 5th, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm, UC basement - Peter Clark Hall (001)
- Thursday, February 13th, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, McLaughlin Library, Robert Whitelaw Room (Rm 246A)
- University of Guelph-Humber: Tuesday, February 25th - the IT strategy team will be at Guelph-Humber all day! Keep an eye out for more information.
- Ridgetown Campus (TBD).
- Open engagement sessions, UC Courtyard (TBD)
Are you interested in attending an event? Email ITstrategy@uoguelph.ca with your questions and comments - we want to hear them.
Stakeholder engagement is ongoing! If these dates and times don't work for you, check back soon for more.