About the SIS Refresh Initiative
This page includes the following content:
The University has been using Ellucian Colleague as its core Student Information System (SIS) since the late 1990's. with WebAdvisor as the student interface. And while the system has served the University well, there are new features and functionalities as well as additional tools and technologies of which we have not yet taken advantage. It's time for us to refresh our SIS and start leveraging the power of technology to improve the experiences of our students, staff, advisors, and all those who rely on our student information systems.
The SIS Refresh is an initiative approved by the Information Technology Governance Committee (ITGC) to help advance institutional goals around strategic enrolment management and the student experience. It includes; (i) new tools to allow students to plan their academic careers, stay motivated, and graduate on time; (ii) new tools to help admissions staff engage with prospective students and support them through their application processes; (iii) enhanced support for students applying for awards and financial support; (iv) streamlined admission and enrolment processes; (v) new curriculum management tools, and much more.
In short, the SIS Refresh is about enhancing the digital experience of U of G students and all who support them.
Find out more about some of the projects that comprise the SIS Refresh initiative.
For the latest news about the SIS Refresh initiative and project updates, visit the News section.
Enhanced enrolment services for U of G students and all who support them.
- Improve the student experience
- Improve the advisor experience
- Improve the staff experience
- Realize process efficiencies
- Improve student information
- Position ourselves for the future
Role of Executive Steering Committee
- Define vision, objectives and guiding principles
- Monitor progress and organizational impacts
- Provide input on priorities, resourcing, and changes in timelines
- Report into the Information Technology Governance Committee (ITGC)
Role of Advisory Committee
- Define project goals and deliverables
- Prioritize work and tasks
- Report into the Executive Steering Committee
Role of Individual Project Teams
- Perform project tasks
- Deliver project goals and objectives
- Report into the Advisory Committee
Find out more about stakeholders engagement across campus.
Engagement with key stakeholder groups and the wider campus community is essential to the success of the SIS Refresh initiative. The project team is consulting with a broad range of campus stakeholders who have an in-depth understanding of the University's needs, with a view to collecting requirements for the various projects and delivering on the overarching goals of the SIS Refresh initiative.