You can make payments to your student account (i.e., registration deposit, tuition, meal plan and/or residence payments) through Internet banking services offered by the financial institution you normally conduct your banking business with. If you currently do not use this service, you will need to contact your financial institution in order to sign up. Your banking institution will tell you how to setup internet banking.
Here is a list of financial institutions that have the University of Guelph listed:
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
- National Bank of Canada
- Simplii Financial
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Bank of Montreal
- Scotia Bank
- TD Canada Trust
If your financial institution is not listed above, contact them to see if the University of Guelph is listed as one of their payees.
Some information you need to know:
- The payee name is "UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH - STUDENT FEES" (or "Univ of Guelph - Student Fees" depending on the bank)
- The account number is YOUR seven digit University of Guelph student ID number (not your bank account number). Your ID number must be seven digits by using zeroes at the beginning.
- Save the confirmation page.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your payment is received and on your account by the posted payment deadline. Allow a minimum of 3 business days from the date you made your payment (Monday to Friday, excluding holidays) for it to be posted to your account in WebAdvisor (click on Account View, choose the semester and expand the Payments tab below charges).
- If the payment does not show on WebAdvisor 'Account View' after 5 days:
- verify that your payment has been withdrawn from your bank account
- verify that the payment was made to the correct student ID number
- verify that the payment was made to: University of Guelph - student fees
- If you believe there was a payment error, email email@example.com from your uoguelph email account and include your name, student ID number, date of payment, amount of payment, name of financial institution and name of bank account holder, and attach to your email a copy of your confirmation. You should expect a response to your uoguelph email address within 48 business hours.