SponsorCanadian Institutes of Health Research
The Transitional Operating Grant: 2014-2015 competition is being run in parallel with the Foundation Scheme: 2014 1st Live Pilot competition in order to facilitate the transition within CIHR’s open funding schemes. The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are:
- To contribute to the creation, dissemination and use of health-related knowledge, and to help develop and maintain Canadian health research capacity, by supporting original, high quality projects or teams/programs of research proposed and conducted by individual researchers or groups of researchers, in all areas of health.
- For the Transitional Open Operating Grant competition, Principal Applicants must not have submitted a Stage 2 Application as a Program Leader to the Foundation Scheme 2014 1st Live Pilot competition.
- In the context of the open funding scheme transition, Nominated Principal Investigators who hold an Open Operating Grant with an expiry date of no earlier than October 1, 2014 and no later than September 30, 2016 are permitted to apply early to the 2014-2015 Transitional OOGP without incurring the early renewal penalty (i.e. applicants would keep existing funding if not renewed).
$2.5M/yr to max $12.5M per 5 year grant – anticipates funding approx. 450-600 awards – Equipment will not be funded
up to 5 years
Please be advised that applications will no longer be automatically considered for any priority announcement funding opportunity. Applicants must now select from the drop-down menu in their ResearchNet submission.
to Office of Research: Please submit your application/proposal, with an OR-5 Form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE PI submit directly to sponsor using ResearchNet: January 9, 2015
- EXTERNAL DEADLINE: March 2, 2015
How To Apply
This Funding Opportunity participates in the eApproval process. The application will be submitted to CIHR by the Office of Research Services.
For More Information
please go to the CIHR Funding Opportunity website.