The University of Guelph proudly recognizes and celebrates research excellence from career start to end, across all disciplines. The Vice-President (Research) encourages nominations for external and internal awards.
The University of Guelph offers two internal awards recognizing research excellence at early and later career stage. Research excellence is recognized as scholarly output that is demonstrably internationally impactful within the nominee’s discipline.
- Be responsible for ensuring equitable and transparent adjudication processes, including monitoring and course-correction
- Solicit names of potential nominees for awards and prizes (across all three categories) by communicating with college-level committees;
- Share best practices by organizing presentations by members on different aspects of the awards and prizes process;
- Review recommendations for nomination to institutional awards and advise the VPR as to the likelihood of success against award criteria.
The Office of Research is partnering with Colleges to:
- Strategically support honours and awards nominations
- Implement equitable and transparent selection processes to improve success
- Communicate and broker opportunities
- Promote and celebrate research excellence