The University of Guelph’s Strategic Research Plan promotes and advances research strengths on which the University has built its reputation for quality and innovation. The plan reflects the university’s strategy framework themes: catalyzing discovery and change, connecting communities, inspiring learning and inquiry, stewarding valued resources and nurturing a distinctive university culture.
Five research principles, six overarching themes and seven unique signature areas distinguish the University of Guelph’s Strategic Research Plan.
- Promoting research excellence
- Connecting our research with the world
- Catalyzing and stewarding research partnerships
- Enhancing research culture
- Building a supportive research environment
- Fundamental science and its application
- Cultural inquiry and creative practice
- Social and economic welfare
- Animal and human health and wellbeing
- Agriculture, food, and the bio-economy
- The environment
- Agriculture and the bio-economy
- Veterinary medicine
- One health
- Environmental stewardship and biodiversity
- Community-engaged scholarship
- Creative and critical practice
- Data science and informatics
The complete Strategic Research Plan document is available in PDF form.