SponsorSocial Science and Humanities Research Council
The objectives of the Insight program are to:
- build knowledge and understanding from disciplinary, interdisciplinary and/or cross-sector perspectives through support for the best researchers;
- support new approaches to research on complex and important topics, including those that transcend the capacity of any one scholar, institution or discipline;
- provide a high-quality research training experience for students;
- fund research expertise that relates to societal challenges and opportunities; and
- mobilize research knowledge, to and from academic and non-academic audiences, with the potential to lead to intellectual, cultural, social and economic influence, benefit and impact.
Emerging and Established Faculty, Postdoctoral Fellows (read eligibility guidelines).
Note: Researchers who maintain an affiliation with a Canadian postsecondary institution, but whose primary affiliation is with a non-Canadian postsecondary institution, are not eligible for applicant or Co applicant status within the Insight Grants funding opportunity.
Maximum $400,000 – A minimum request of $7,000 is required in at least one of the years. A maximum of $100,000 is available in a single year.
3 - 5 years
Researchers may not apply, as applicant, for an Insight Grant and an Insight Development Grant within the same calendar year.
NEW! There is no Notice of Intent for Insight Grant applications.
For other changes to the IG application process, please go to: http://www.uoguelph.ca/research/news/2015-06-04/changes-sshrc-insight-grants-fall-2015-application-process
Please submit your application/proposal along with an OR5 form to email@example.com
How To Apply
Applications will be submitted electronically by the Office of Research Services – Eligible PhD students and Postdoctoral researchers may submit their applications directly to SSHRC.
Information for Co-applicants
If you need to meet a deadline set by the lead institution for this opportunity, please ensure that you provide the Office of Research with at lead 5 days in advance of the lead institution’s deadline to review the application, or your proposed component of the project. Please be in touch with the ORS (contact information below) ahead of the deadline if it looks like it will be difficult for you to submit all the required documentation on time (ie, budget, proposal, OR5 form).
For More Information
For more information, please go to SSHRC ID website.