SponsorThe CIHR Institutes of Infection and Immunity (III) and Population and Public Health (IPPH) in partnership with the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).
The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are:
1. To support research to:
- Identify sub-population groups where children and youth, and/or women of reproductive age are under or un-immunized in Canada and characterize their socio demographic status.
- Characterize the extent of under and un-immunization among identified sub-populations.
- Determine the systemic barriers negatively impacting immunization access and uptake.
2. Inform solutions to improve methods for ongoing monitoring of immunization coverage of under- and un-immunized populations in Canada.
3. Facilitate the consideration of new evidence in decision-making to improve vaccination access and uptake.
- The team must involve, at least one knowledge user (either a public health authority, health professional, or community leader) as a Principal Knowledge User.
- Only research studies conducted in Canada are eligible under this funding opportunity.
- For any research applications involving First Nations, Métis or Inuit populations, the research team must include at least one knowledge user who self-identifies as either First Nations, Inuit or Métis or provides evidence of Indigenous-lived experience*. Regardless of Indigenous identity, such knowledge user(s) must state how their Indigenous lived experience will benefit the research study.
up to $100,000/year – hope to fund six grants
up to two years
Please submit a copy of the application along with an OR5 form to firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
PI must be submit application using ResearchNet. Scan and upload the signed signature pages including the routing slip in the Print/Upload Signature Pages task in ResearchNet prior to submitting your application.
For More Information
For more information, please go to the CIHR website.