We’re going to be celebrating The Arboretum’s 50 years of research, experiential learning, and community engagement all year long! Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media for news.
Local Leadership and Global Impact: Botanic Gardens Advancing Food Security
Our kick-off event was broadcast on October 18th, 2020. Pre-recorded in the pandemic, our program featured a talk by Dr. Saharah Moon Chapotin, Executive Director of the US Botanic Garden; a report on some of our conservation and collections efforts by Sean Fox, Manager of Collections; and a musical piece ‘Arboretum Improvisation’ recorded during the summer shutdowns by percussionist Richard Burrows playing marimba on our renovated boardwalk in Wild Goose Woods! Watch the full program below or find individual sections linked in the program.
- Opening pre-show slides: '#Arb at 50'
- Land acknowledgement - Arboretum staff 2020
- 'Local Leadership and Global Impact: Botanic Gardens Advancing Food Security' - Saharah Moon Chapotin, Executive Director, United States Botanic Garden
- Welcome - Rene Van Acker, Dean, Ontario Agricultural College
- Introduction - Justine Richardson, Director, The Arboretum
- Talk, Q&A - Saharah Moon Chapotin, Executive Director, United States Botanic Garden
- Report 'Living Laboratory: Collections and Conservation' - Sean Fox, Manager of Collections, The Arboretum
- Musical Closing 'Arboretum Improvisation' - Richard Burrows, Percussionist (Marimba)
This begins a year-long celebration featuring many facets of the Arboretum — past, present, and looking to the future.
For more information follow us on social media or email us at: email@example.com.