We’re going to be celebrating the Arboretum’s 50 years of research, experiential learning, and community engagement all year long!
Local Leadership and Global Impact: Botanic Gardens Advancing Food Security
Our Kick-off event was broadcast on October 18th, 2020. The full program video and individual sections are available below.
Pre-recorded in the pandemic, our program features a talk by Dr. Saharah Moon Chapotin, Executive Director of the US Botanic Garden; a report on some of our conservation and collections efforts by Sean Fox, Manager of Collections; and a musical piece ‘Arboretum Improvisation’ recorded during the summer shutdowns by percussionist Richard Burrows playing marimba on our renovated boardwalk in Wild Goose Woods!
A recording of the full program can be found here. Links to individual sections of the event can also be found in the program below.
- Opening pre-show slides: '#Arb at 50'
- Land acknowledgement - Arboretum staff 2020
- 'Local Leadership and Global Impact: Botanic Gardens Advancing Food Security' - Saharah Moon Chapotin, Executive Director, United States Botanic Garden
- Welcome - Rene Van Acker, Dean, Ontario Agricultural College
- Introduction - Justine Richardson, Director, The Arboretum
- Talk, Q&A - Saharah Moon Chapotin, Executive Director, United States Botanic Garden
- Report 'Living Laboratory: Collections and Conservation' - Sean Fox, Manager of Collections, The Arboretum
- Musical Closing 'Arboretum Improvisation' - Richard Burrows, Percussionist (Marimba)
This begins a year-long celebration featuring many facets of the Arboretum — past, present, and looking to the future.
For more information follow us on social media or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.