Skype and WebEx Launch
To further improve collaboration and productivity on and off campus, CCS has launched two exciting new tools: Skype for Business, which is part of the Office 365 toolkit; and Cisco WebEx, a leading enterprise video and web-conferencing tool. Both tools allow for screen sharing and web/video conferencing and are being offered to maximize choice for our community.
To decide which tool is best for you, please visit our comparison chart entitled Which Collaboration Tool Should I Use?
Skype for Business
- Skype is ideal for students, staff and faculty alike. It allows strong integration with Office 365, including Teams.
- Skype has been automatically added to your Office 365 toolkit and is now available to all faculty, staff and students.
- Visit the Skype for Business CCS Service Page for more information.
- WebEx is ideal for staff and faculty who prefer a personal meeting room with simple link, or want the capability to integrate with other web-conferencing systems.
- At this time, WebEx is available for staff and faculty via departmental request. Please contact your manager or departmental administrator for more information. Students are able to participate in WebEx conferences that are initiated by staff or faculty. CCS is working with Cisco to enable student hosting capabilities in the near future.
- Visit the WebEx CCS Service Page for more information.
- CCS is offering both beginner and advanced sessions. These can be found on the Learning & Development Calendar. The sessions are called "Collaboration at Your Fingertips: Skype for Business/WebEx Training."
- We will be recording both beginner and advanced training and will provide the link here once available for those on remote campuses.