Summer Field School Programs
What is a Field School?
A field school is a program that includes one or more courses that are taught off-campus. Field schools combine academics with hands-on experiential learning “in the field,” allowing students to incorporate what they are learning in class with their international location.
Depending on the program, some field schools will include a course or partial course taught before students continue in the program overseas or will be taught entirely overseas. The overseas component of the University of Guelph field schools are offered in the Summer Semester, usually in May-June and are typically 3-6 weeks in duration.
Summer 2020 Field School Opportunities
- *NEW* Ecuador Field School - Culture, Language and Translation
- Ecuador Field School: Sustainable Livelihoods and Global Environmental Change
- *NEW* Mexico Field School - Sustainable Tourism
- Nepal Field School: Tourism and Social Entrepreneurship
- Italy Field School: Women of Ischia - Renaissance Poets, Printers & Intellectuals
- Ghana Field School: Tropical Agroforestry
Field School Applications
You must complete the online application to apply for a Field School program. Find step-by-step application information through the link below.