Procurement Card Best Practices
Safeguard Your Procurement Card Information
- Keep the online account user name and password confidential;
- Do not provide your PCard information to strangers other than legitimate merchants;
- Always write down the name of the person you are placing the order with.
Follow Good Record Keeping Practices
- Keep all the paper trail and documentation in order, check them against the statement monthly;
- File the documentation with monthly statement in a manner that you can retrieve them easily;
- Print out the monthly activity report regardless if your PCard is used or not during the month;
- Keep all the files in the same place.
Follow Good Reconciliation Practices
- Always do the reconciliation of your own card;
- Don't wait until the last day to start reconciling. Assigning end uses and object codes, and adding comments for transactions can be done any time before the billing cycle closes;
- If you use your PCard regularly throughout the month, set up your own weekly schedule to reconcile prior to billing cycle closing date;
- Book time in advance for reconciliation to avoid schedule conflicts and interruption;
- Always print out your monthly activity report after the billing cycle closes;
- Review the entire monthly activity report before signing to make sure nothing is missed;
- Always have your supervisor to sign off on your monthly activity report.
Keep Your Card Active
- If you don't use your PCard very often but would like to keep it in good standing, use the card at least once a year.
- Cards without any activity in a period of 17 months are considered inactive accounts and might be cancelled by US Bank.
Be Alert to Scams
- If there is any concern about your card, US Bank will contact you. If they are unable to reach you, they will contact the PCard coordinator.
- Any email, regardless of how professional or legitimate it may appear (i.e. professional wording, logos or graphics), that requests your account information be resubmitted, updated or reactivated is fraudulent.
- If you are at all in doubt as to the legitimacy of an email, please contact US Bank customer service 1-800-588-8065.