Transfer of Funds

Printer-friendly versionPDF version



Transfer Agreement (Tri-Council)

  • Funds can be transferred from your Tri-Council award to a researcher at another Canadian institution that receives Tri-Council funding if the researcher is listed as a co-investigator on your application. Generally, Tri-Council funds cannot be transferred to collaborators or someone outside of Canada.
  • If you are transferring to a co-investigator at another eligible Canadian institution, a transfer letter of agreement is established and signed by the Office of Research in Guelph and the Office of Research of the institution to receive the funds.
  • To complete the transfer letter, we require the following information:
    • Name of researcher (at Guelph)
    • Name of co-applicant to receive funds
    • Name of institution that co-applicant is to receive the funds through
    • Account number (Guelph)
    • Amount to be transferred
    • Budget (how is applicant to spend the funds)
    • Time period to use the funds

Transfer Agreement (Non-Tri-Council)

Method of Transfer

  • Cheque
  • Wire Transfer
  • An agreement (either sub-transfer agreement or services agreement will also need to be in place to facilitate the transfer)