OSAP

Paying your tuition with OSAP grants & loans

Your OSAP funding is released in two portions; 60% of the funding is released in the fall, and the remaining 40% is released in the winter. The University of Guelph bills each semester separately (50% in the fall, 50% in the winter).

Your OSAP does not cover your fall $200 registration deposit. You are required to submit the $200 registration deposit by the August payment deadline.

Student Financial Services must confirm your enrolment before funding is released. To be confirmed, you must be enrolled in all your courses and have a complete and error-free OSAP application. Confirmation of enrolment begins approximately 10 days before the start of each term. Monitor your OSAP and WebAdvisor accounts. Monitor Account View on WebAdvisor to view when confirmation of enrolment is complete; there will be a notification at the top, right-hand corner in Account View. Funding will be received 5-10 business days after confirmation of enrolment is complete.

Receipt of your OSAP funding

Your OSAP funding will automatically be remitted to your student account. Please verify on WebAdvisor that your funds have been applied to your student account.

a) If you have more OSAP funding than is required to pay your student account, the remainder will automatically go to your bank account. If your funds have not been applied to your student account yet but your confirmation of enrolment (see Account View on WebAdvisor) has been completed and you have enough OSAP to pay your term balance, you do not need to make a payment to your student account.

Example

OSAP funding for the semester = $4000.00

Tuition and fees for the semester = $3700.00

Money deposited to student's bank account = $300.00

Student to pay before deadline = $0.00

b) If you are not receiving enough OSAP to pay your student account, please pay the outstanding balance by the payment deadline. Your student account must be paid in full by the payment deadline to avoid late fees and/or de-registration. If you are living in residence, your OSAP funding may not cover all of your fees, so please remember to check your student account on WebAdvisor.

Example

OSAP funding for the semester = $2000.00

Tuition and fees for the semester = $3700.00

Money deposited to student's bank account = $0.00

Student to pay before deadline = $1700.00

Additional information

Please read the OSAP disclaimers.

Questions

If you have any questions about your student account, please contact the Student Accounts office at accquest@uoguelph.ca

If you have any questions about OSAP, please contact the University of Guelph's OSAP office at fininfo@uoguelph.ca