Online Application Now Open
The online application for Summer 2020, Fall 2020, and Winter 2021 study abroad opportunities is now open! Deadline to apply is January 24, 2020 at 11:59pm
All students must attend an info session in order to get access to the online application, then you can use the information below to apply:
To access the application, go to our application site and log in with your University of Guelph central login and password. Be sure you are logging in with your full U of G email address eg. email@example.com and your U of G password.
After you log-in, please follow these steps to begin your application:
1. Complete your Profile. Under your personal information on your Profile tab use ONLY your University of Guelph email address firstname.lastname@example.org If you use any other email address, you will not be able to login to your account in future.
2. Click on the Search Programs tab at the top, then select one program you wish to apply for. You'll be allowed to choose 5 programs in total and will be able to rank them in order of preference but start by selecting one program from the search in order to get the application started. (Note: You can change the ranking of your choices later on by clicking and dragging them. If you are applying to a summer field school you should rank that option first, followed by your exchange options. And if you would like to be considered for both a summer program and an exchange be sure to check the box on the application stating so.)
Do NOT submit more than one application - you must submit ONE application that indicates all of your 5 choices.
3. Follow the rest of the instructions on the application. You may begin your application and save it at any time to complete later. You must submit your completed application before the deadline of 11:59 pm, January 24, 2020. (Please note: if you are applying for any of the Ontario provincial exchange programs - ORA, OBW, OJS, OIN - you must also submit the provincial paper application to CIP by January 17, 2020. Additionally, the ORA, OBW, OIN, OJS summer research and summer language programs require only the provincial paper application, and the various deadlines can be found on our website. See the attached booklet for more info.)
4. You will be asked to upload a pdf of your unofficial transcript as part of the application process. You can obtain a copy of your unofficial transcript by logging into Webadvisor and downloading it from your account. You must wait You cannot submit your application until after all of your Fall 2019 marks are showing on your transcript before you submit your application.
5. Make sure you read the Terms and Conditions in Step 3 of the application, as these are the conditions you are agreeing to by applying for study abroad.
6. Make sure to complete Step 4 - Submit Your Application. Once your application is submitted, you will receive an automated confirmation email (if you don’t receive the e-mail, then your application has not been properly submitted).
7. It will take us several weeks to process and place the 400+ students who apply to go abroad, but you will receive an email from us by on March 6, 2020 to let you know the results. Please check your University of Guelph email for messages from us, this is the only email account we will use to contact you.
If you have any problems with the application process please email CIPadmin@uoguelph.ca for assistance.
Good luck with your application and congratulations on choosing study abroad!